FEATURED NWA Started The Age Of Destruction In The Black Community

test
I didn't say that. I just pointed out that Schooly D was typically credited as being the first gangsta rapper. Ice-T himself has said that. The first person to do something isn't always the one that ends up epitomizing it.
So then what are you even originally arguing in regards to me blaming the west?

So then what are you even originally arguing in regards to me blaming the west?

You tried to put all the blame on the West Coast. Ignoring the fact that I don't even agree with the idea that rap destroyed the black community. Even what blame is due to rap can't be put all on the West Coast just because they ushered in the Gangsta Rap era. Plenty of destructive rap has come from other regions too.

Reactions: unspoken_respect
They didn't start it, but that music ain't help it either. This reminds me of what DJ Quik was talkin' bout on "Yous A Gangsta".

Jerry Heller was more to blame then they were, but fingers don't get pointed at them so called jews. Whenever you see us acting a fool and our shenanigans like this in front of the world to see, look to that group of of people and to no shock a lot of times they behind it.

Jewish music promoter, who set up Elton John’s first US performance, played pivotal role in bringing gangsta rap into the mainstream

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Jewish music manager who helped introduce the hip-hop group N.W.A to the masses has died. Jerry Heller was 75 years old.

Its not fair to blame NWA.

The market always dictates which trends to follow. Which in turn means the consumer dictates it.

NWA came out and they were aggressive as fuck and sold tons of records. And when the industry saw that, they copied it with other acts.

Same as in the NBA when a team wins the championship, other teams copy the formula.

Same as when Skyrim was released and sold ton, and then the Witcher 3 got released and sold a ton, all games started being open world.

The market dictates it, which means we as consumers love it.

So to blame NWA for it unfair and very surface level.

Better to ask why did hip hop fans as consumers start gravitating towarda more agressive content?

He should have said that gangsta rap killed conscious rap and swayed the community from consciousness to violence gang shit which you can see today most rappers are rapping about doing drugs and killing opps.

• Ether
Reactions: deadeye
Its not fair to blame NWA.

The market always dictates which trends to follow. Which in turn means the consumer dictates it.

NWA came out and they were aggressive as fuck and sold tons of records. And when the industry saw that, they copied it with other acts.

Same as in the NBA when a team wins the championship, other teams copy the formula.

Same as when Skyrim was released and sold ton, and then the Witcher 3 got released and sold a ton, all games started being open world.

The market dictates it, which means we as consumers love it.

So to blame NWA for it unfair and very surface level.

Better to ask why did hip hop fans as consumers start gravitating towarda more agressive content?

I was just about to post something similar.

Special Ed was only half right.

It wasn't just NWA and West Coast Gangsta Rap that are responsible.

It was when New York saw how much money the West Coast was making...........viewed them as inferior lyricists...........and felt like they could take that spot for themselves if they started talking more about the streets in their music.

Basically, there's an argument to be made that NY HipHop lost it's identity and followed the money.

Now, NY has always been known for hardcore hiphop, but there was variety.

You had Native Tongues..........De La Soul...........Jungle Brothers.............Tribe Called Quest

Then the 5% element starting with Rakim............Poor Righteous Teachers.............King Sun............KMD.

Now everything's all about the streets.

There used to be a time when you could easily tell when a rapper was from the tri-state area:

New York, Jersey, Philly (yeah, I know Philly's not a state, but people acted like it was in reference to hiphop)

Now, besides a few exceptions, the level of lyricism from that area isn't the same as it was in the past.

Part of me wishes New York took after D.C. with Go-Go and just kept it as a New York/Jersey/Philly thing.

As soon as D.C. started to see go-go turn commercial with EU and The Butt.............they took their music right back to the essence of what it was and kept it local.

In the long run, artistically speaking, hiphop would've been a lot better off if New York had done the same thing.

I'm old enough to remember when niggas from that area didn't give a fuck about anything that didn't come out of New York.

It was basically New York over everything.

Hip Hop wasn't HipHop if it didn't come out of New York.

And again, when I say New York I'm including Philly and Jersey too.

But money ruins everything, so here we are.

Last edited:
Ed’s point is that NWA made the ghetto marketable world wide & all the races got stuck on the negatives of the music. Hip hop labels stopped distributing variety & focused on one thing. They are doing it right now. Sexy red & suki can’t be the best artist available.

Well they literally always did that with black music. Wasn’t like they pushed revolutionary messages to wake folks up. White folks run it. It’s up to us to know it’s not real

I mean the real answer is J. Edgar Hoover. But if we are talking purely from a musical standpoint then it's this guy ^^^.