FEATURED NWA Started The Age Of Destruction In The Black Community

test
Ed’s point is that NWA made the ghetto marketable world wide & all the races got stuck on the negatives of the music. Hip hop labels stopped distributing variety & focused on one thing. They are doing it right now. Sexy red & suki can’t be the best artist available.
I'm going to push back on this a little bit. Some of the blame for the current state of music is kind of our fault. An artist can get a pretty big following on their own via social media then the music executives come sniffing around. I don't even think Sexy Red or Suki are actual signed artist.

So we just gone forget about the Iran contra scandal and how drugs basically led to the destruction of the black community. Drugs which were allowed to flood the hood. Which in turn led to more violence over drug turf and mass incarceration. But you gonna blame a bunch of guys who came from ground zero where the experiment began. Ok got ya

It’s good for the community or bad for the community

You can’t be indifferent about it.

Reactions: deadeye
Rappers have made doing drugs cool.

Shit was always frowned in our community till the last 10 years.

Rappers promote individualism at the highest level.

Just listen to the songs and go to a black community rich or poor and tell me who they are imitating

Rap plays it’s part that’s why the ignorant shit get pushed.

Because if rap had no influence folks wouldn’t push it all in our faces.

• Ether
As in the last thread there's a middle ground. It's never just as black and white as Special Ed or anybody else wants to make it.

Reactions: Inori
Bruh, when I first heard him in 88 I thought he was gonna be the next Rakim.

Think About It was sick:

View attachment 1182730

I'ma keep it funky.
I was gonna clown this post but you got more insight than I do.
I only know Special Ed for two things: I Got It Made and taking Raheem's girl in Juice.
Oh three. He played himself in My Wife & Kids.
He's not an artist who I'm "digging in the crates" for. So his opinion is ehhh. But Nore gonna love it because it creates more traffic. He loves the gossip.

• Goat
I'ma keep it funky.
I was gonna clown this post but you got more insight than I do.
I only know Special Ed for two things: I Got It Made and taking Raheem's girl in Juice.
Oh three. He played himself in My Wife & Kids.
He's not an artist who I'm "digging in the crates" for. So his opinion is ehhh. But Nore gonna love it because it creates more traffic. He loves the gossip.

To be honest, he only had one good album..........his 1st.

The other ones weren't that special (no pun intended)

When I first heard him, I thought for sure he was gonna be next......but his 2nd album didn't live up to the first one.

• Ether
Reactions: 400Degreez
Ed clearly said the agenda, not blaming the group but he should've stressed that....Although I get it, some opinions dont need to be said publicly...

Reactions: AllElite617
The age of destruction began a good 15 years before nwa was even dreamt of. Gangs and drugs have been a thing in the black community since the 1930s

"Scarface the movie did more than Scarface the rapper to me."

Enough said