Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Not a Good Look: Tiffany Haddish surprised that there are grocery stores in Africa

test
Yeah I care, my nigga. I mean, I'm not pressed about it, the shit ain't gonna keep me up at night. But I would like everybody - especially black people - to have at least a somewhat accurate mental picture of the standard of living in the fucking cradle of civilization.
Ahh I guess that’s the difference

I personally don’t care about Tiffany haddish and what she’s surprised about

Especially not enough to make my morning spark a dialogue about Africa with strangers

Shoutout to you man

You a good guy

Why do y'all do this with people born and raised in america, who've been around americans their whole life??
Do what?

I just figured she would know they have stores.

I know they have grocery stores and I have never been there.

Idk Tiffany’s whole backstory to know if she was still in contact with her African relatives or been there or watched any movie from /about there or watched a video

I think she was trying to make the point that Africa isn’t all what we see on tv here.

Do what?

I just figured she would know they have stores.

I know they have grocery stores and I have never been there.

Idk Tiffany’s whole backstory to know if she was still in contact with her African relatives or been there or watched any movie from there or watched a video
Why would She know about what stores they have in an entire country from her family being from another country?

Why would that make you expect that? Lol

That’s like saying why doesn’t a guy whose family has French roots know about grocery stores in Poland

Why would She know about what stores they have in an entire country from her family being from another country?

Why would that make you expect that? Lol

That’s like saying why doesn’t a guy whose family has French roots know about grocery stores in Poland?
No…it isn’t. That would be like saying why doesn’t a guy whose family has French roots know THAT THEY HAVE GROCERY STORES in Poland.

No one expects TH to know the small cultural differences between grocery stores here and grocery stores there. People just expect her to know they have grocery stores.

To not know a place has grocery stores, that means you don’t know a place has any infrastructure at all, or cities, etc.

Unfortunately, it seems like TH legitimately thought an entire continent of people were just starving, living in mud huts, swollen bellies, with flies buzzing around their face.

^^^^^I PROMISE I’m not as pressed about this as it sounds. Lol. And I’m well aware that I seem SUPER pressed about this.

After something negative comes out about an individual all of a sudden niggaz is ancestry.com

Niggaz born n raised in the states and don't know shit about anywhere else will have people start coming out with "they have one parent that's cuban" as away to distance themself from them as if to say they're something other.

People bringing up this chick is Eritrean or whatever, does it look like this bitch knows anything about Africa?!?

She was miseducated probably like everyone else in her area where she grew up in America

No…it isn’t. That would be like saying why doesn’t a guy whose family has French roots know THAT THEY HAVE GROCERY STORES in Poland.

No one expects TH to know the small cultural differences between grocery stores here and grocery stores there. People just expect her to know they have grocery stores.

To not know a place has grocery stores, that means you don’t know a place has any infrastructure at all, or cities, etc.

Unfortunately, it seems like TH legitimately thought an entire continent of people were just starving, living in mud huts, swollen bellies, with flies buzzing around their face.

^^^^^I PROMISE I’m not as pressed about this as it sounds. Lol. And I’m well aware that I seem SUPER pressed about this.
lol tiff been in Zimbabwe

It’s not like she got off the plane and walked right into the grocery store

Is it possible she seen some shit on the way to the store to make her think that it wouldn’t be that nice in there?

I’m not denying she’s ignorant about this

I’m really speaking to how offended I’m “supposed” to feel by this

Uhh you should.
Not necessarily if the place has grocery stores or not cause that should be a given but a general idea where you're going, yeah you should.
I'm talking about on the way.....once you get there then yeah you do your research if you not familiar with the area

"Look at the grocery store!!! They have a grocery store!!!"

Yeah ... That's a comment that has surprise and a bit of ignorance all over it ... But it's vital Americans do more travelling outside their country to avert such comments and thought processes such as hers

Her having a direct African lineage through a parent is even more damning

After something negative comes out about an individual all of a sudden niggaz is ancestry.com

Niggaz born n raised in the states and don't know shit about anywhere else will have people start coming out with "they have one parent that's cuban" as away to distance themself from them as if to say they're something other.

People bringing up this chick is Eritrean or whatever, does it look like this bitch knows anything about Africa?!?

She was miseducated probably like everyone else in her area where she grew up in America
That’s not why I said that

You don’t have to be African to know they have stores

Reactions: GNS
Back