Welcome To aBlackWeb

NO SPOILERS NO SPOILERS

For the most part.....YEP

PRAISE: Jordan Peeles latest tale of horror about Caretakers at a California horse ranch encountering a mysterious force that affects human and animal behaviour relies on an effective blend of what's not seen but heard. He wisely uses the unseen in key scenes that work because he has already built anticipation and suspense in the minds of the audience ,thus throwing us off in a great way that gets nervous laughs and tension from the audience. His use of music is also effective from familiar songs and thunderous scores.The humor blends in well with the more dramatic threads in the movie. His visuals are also stunning and haunting bringing back memories of movies like The Amityville Horror, The Excorsist and Akira. The film gets to a point in which it completely relies on the cast so thankfully the cast : Daniel Kaluuya as OJ Haywood ; Keke Palmer as Emerald "Em" Haywood ; Steven Yeun as Ricky "Jupe" Park ; Brandon Perea as Angel Torres and Michael Wincott as Antlers Holst enough charm and enthusiasm to do so.Peele also blends in a haunting and horrific side story that is very effective. Great nods to black cowboys and classic filmaking

PROBLEMS: Once there is a reveal and I figured out what was going on the film started losing some if it's luster. It felt like I was just going through the motions to see how it would all end when I should have been at the edge of my seat. The fact that there are a couple of misteps in the last 30 minutes didn't help any. But as I said before I'm thankful for the extremely talented cast.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

NO SPOILERS NO SPOILERS

For the most part.....YEP

PRAISE: Jordan Peeles latest tale of horror about Caretakers at a California horse ranch encountering a mysterious force that affects human and animal behaviour relies on an effective blend of what's not seen but heard. He wisely uses the unseen in key scenes that work because he has already built anticipation and suspense in the minds of the audience ,thus throwing us off in a great way that gets nervous laughs and tension from the audience. His use of music is also effective from familiar songs and thunderous scores.The humor blends in well with the more dramatic threads in the movie. His visuals are also stunning and haunting bringing back memories of movies like The Amityville Horror, The Excorsist and Akira. The film gets to a point in which it completely relies on the cast so thankfully the cast : Daniel Kaluuya as OJ Haywood ; Keke Palmer as Emerald "Em" Haywood ; Steven Yeun as Ricky "Jupe" Park ; Brandon Perea as Angel Torres and Michael Wincott as Antlers Holst enough charm and enthusiasm to do so.Peele also blends in a haunting and horrific side story that is very effective. Great nods to black cowboys and classic filmaking

PROBLEMS: Once there is a reveal and I figured out what was going on the film started losing some if it's luster. It felt like I was just going through the motions to see how it would all end when I should have been at the edge of my seat. The fact that there are a couple of misteps in the last 30 minutes didn't help any. But as I said before I'm thankful for the extremely talented cast.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

really good write up. Great way to give info without spoiling the movie.

I feel like this could have been rated PG-13

I cant think of why this was rated R

Musta been 1 too many F-words or something

I’ll try not to spoil…

The acting was outstanding. Cinematography on point. Movie was well directed, technically

Enjoyed myself the whole time while I was watching and yet… the other shoe, so to speak, never dropped.

Drops the score from what should be an 8-9 to a 6.5.

I feel like the final reveal could’ve done with some elaboration. Like if it was in a different movie that wasn’t about these people, they could’ve delved into it and it would’ve been a cool concept, but here it was a bit out of place

This was a cool monster/alien sci fi movie on the surface with a few concepts ,but it's not heavy like Get Out.

Still not sure about the ending,but it was a solid movie.

There's little details I'm sure you can break down,but this was a pretty straight forward movie.

I watched a video where they have some interesting racial takes on what the creature represents.

The twist was cool because it was a different kind of twist and didn't ruin the movie if you see it again.

Last edited:
I’ll try not to spoil…

The acting was outstanding. Cinematography on point. Movie was well directed, technically

Enjoyed myself the whole time while I was watching and yet… the other shoe, so to speak, never dropped.

Drops the score from what should be an 8-9 to a 6.5.

I feel like the final reveal could’ve done with some elaboration. Like if it was in a different movie that wasn’t about these people, they could’ve delved into it and it would’ve been a cool concept, but here it was a bit out of place

good explanation.

I’m kinda on the fence about watching this in the movies. I mean, I most likely will because I watch damn near all types of BS if it captures my interest a little bit and I got time. Lol.

US was a disappointment and it has me cautious about his stuff. Like M. Knight with the 6th sense being great and the rest of his stuff being ehhhhhh

good explanation.

I’m kinda on the fence about watching this in the movies. I mean, I most likely will because I watch damn near all types of BS if it captures my interest a little bit and I got time. Lol.

US was a disappointment and it has me cautious about his stuff. Like M. Knight with the 6th sense being great and the rest of his stuff being ehhhhhh
U should go see it

I jus rewatched Signs tonight and Nope is way better.

I kinda wanna see it again just to re-watch certain parts.

Back