Welcome To aBlackWeb

That's your problem you trying to find shit that ain't there.

That's not JP doing that. That's YOU
Cut it out.

The dude cant tell a concise 1hour 30 minute story without a shit ton of plot holes and issues in the logic.

The minute you spend any brain power on his movie they fall apart.

His shit is best left for the VHS series or Tales from The Dark Side, Creepshow etc...

Cut it out.

The dude cant tell a concise 1hour 30 minute story without a shit ton of plot holes and issues in the logic.

The minute you spend any brain power on his movie they fall apart.

His shit is best left for the VHS series or Tales from The Dark Side, Creepshow etc...

:foh5:......we already went thru this.

So now niggas need complete logic in horror movies....... :foh5:

Fuck was Michael Myers doing between Halloweens for 40 fukn years? Running his lawn care business?.............. :foh5:

If you don't fuck wit his movies just say that and don't watch them.

But complaining bout logic and plot holes in a fuckn horror movie is just dumb at this point.

:foh5:......we already went thru this.

If you don't fuck wit his movies just say that and don't watch them.

But complaining bout logic and plot holes in a fuckn horror movie is just dumb at this point.

Nah man...

How is he ever suppose to grow as a writer/director if we are not permitted to criticize his obvious short comings?

Sounds like a very short career.

Horror genre is not exempt from critique just cause it's horror.

Hell... Maybe you just getting into horror so all these tropes and shit seem new and exciting to you, but for those of us that grew up on horror movies the shit comes off as plain.

The M. Night comparison is fair, but I guess Peele need to make The Happening 2 for yall to get it.

Aint that i dislike him.

Just that long form storytelling aint his forte, short stories and anthologies would serve his style of writing better.

Nigga been making skits since I was in my teens, I am now 40. You can't tell me 20+ years of writing skits didnt have a negative impact on his ability to tell a full story.

Nah man...

How is he ever suppose to grow as a writer/director if we are not permitted to criticize his obvious short comings?

Sounds like a very short career.

Horror genre is not exempt from critique just cause it's horror.

Hell... Maybe you just getting into horror so all these tropes and shit seem new and exciting to you, but for those of us that grew up on horror movies the shit comes off as plain.

The M. Night comparison is fair, but I guess Peele need to make The Happening 2 for yall to get it.

Never said anything about criticizing a horror movie. Wanna critique the writing, directing, acting, etc have at.

But when you start talking about logic, in horror movies, that's like talking bout logic in Science Fiction movies. These ain't Biopics or straight up Dramas

:js4:

Aint that i dislike him.

Just that long form storytelling aint his forte, short stories and anthologies would serve his style of writing better.

Nigga been making skits since I was in my teens, I am now 40. You can't tell me 20+ years of writing skits didnt have a negative impact on his ability to tell a full story.

:smh:

He making horror movies.

I must've missed all that great storytelling from all the Halloween and Elm Street movies.

Never said anything about criticizing a horror movie. Wanna critique the writing, directing, acting, etc have at.

But when you start talking about logic, in horror movies, that's like talking bout logic in Science Fiction movies. These ain't Biopics or straight up Dramas

:js4:
But.... He's borrowing from Science fiction.
Notice that is the area everybody that has issues with the logic are addressing... The sci-fi elements.

The kills and atmosphere are always on point.

But the second you start thinking bout them underground folk or the brain transplant that left the old personality as a passenger...

Without science fiction there is no Us or Get Out, it is the backbone of those movies called horror.

:smh:

He making horror movies.

I must've missed all that great storytelling from all the Halloween and Elm Street movies.

Nigga you act like I don't drag my ass allacross Covenant, Prometheus, Phantasm: Ravager or The Paranormal Activity franchise, like a dog with pinworms....

Really?

Back