Welcome To aBlackWeb

No Limit Chronicles

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
I did a search and was disappointed to find there was no thread on this

Wow

Wrapped this up last night.

This was pretty fucking dope! Everything after Ice cream man I knew or had some knowledge of but the Richmond stuff I never really checked for.

It's crazy that I thought their run was longer than it was but in hindsight it was relatively short.

@BDP™️
@400Degreez

Y'all saw this?

Wow

This was pretty fucking dope! Everything after Ice cream man I knew or had some knowledge of but the Richmond stuff I never really checked for.

It's crazy that I thought their run was longer than it was but in hindsight it was relatively short.

@BDP™️
@400Degreez

Y'all saw this?
There is a thread on this

Wow

@BDP™️
@400Degreez

Y'all saw this?
Yeah it was awesome

I didnt know a lot about the Richmond stuff either.
I knew P wasnt no square but I also didnt realize he was that deep in the game as far as the street side.

Nostalgia was HEAVY

Wait All the Episodes Are Out ???

Shit was Dope AF

Man N.O Is Something Else ..Sheeesh
Yeah

All 5 out

I can honestly say that for the most part, they touched on the major stuff

I wanted some more beats by the pound scenes but shit must be really bad between them if they didn't appear in this

Yeah

All 5 out

I can honestly say that for the most part, they touched on the major stuff

I wanted some more beats by the pound scenes but shit must be really bad between them if they didn't appear in this
P wasn't giving them the compensation that they should have got. How you not paying your in house producers who basically giving you your sound

P wasn't giving them the compensation that they should have got. How you not paying your in house producers who basically giving you your sound
I agree but there's gotta be something else to it

Mo B Dick did an interview about it a while ago. I need to go back and listen to it. He addresses it too

So what happened to Beats By The Pound after they left No Limit?

I know No Limit fell of when BBTP left, but whatever happened to them?

So what happened to Beats By The Pound after they left No Limit?

I know No Limit fell of when BBTP left, but whatever happened to them?
They tried to take their name with them but P owned it so they changed it to the medicine men.

They had a couple of tracks here and there but couldn't find that came success once they left

They tried to take their name with them but P owned it so they changed it to the medicine men.

They had a couple of tracks here and there but couldn't find that came success once they left

So No Limit and Beats By The Pound both fell off when they split.

Makes you wonder if they stayed together would they have continued their success, or was it just a 3 year run (97, 98, 99) like most labels go through?

I know No Limit was around in the early 90s, but I didn't really start noticing them until around 97.

Im sure they gonna touch on all the major hip hop labels

Cash Money/Young Money
Rocafella
Rap-A-Lot
G-Unit
So So Def
Be honest

Who has a more compelling story in this group you named over NL

If I'm being honest, I wouldn't rush to see a doc on any of those

So No Limit and Beats By The Pound both fell off when they split.

Makes you wonder if they stayed together would they have continued their success, or was it just a 3 year run (97, 98, 99) like most labels go through?

I know No Limit was around in the early 90s, but I didn't really start noticing them until around 97.
96-97 was my introduction to them too

The problem with P was, for the most part, outside of heavy sampling, he had a signature sound. Once BBTP left, he started chasing sounds which ultimately did him in

Back