Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY New Zealand To Ban Cigarettes

Where does it stop though? What about personal choice and all that?

Would yall feel the same if they banned high fructose corn syrup and all the products that come from that? Sodas? Alcohol? Fried foods?

While I understand what you mean, cigs and food products are totally different and should be regulated differently. That's the argument that you'll get for that. There is a case to be made for the production and sale and consumption of HFCS and unhealthy food. The same can't legitimately be said for cigarettes, in the same sense.

Whoa. I don’t like that. I don’t want anybody or anything to have that much control of the vehicle driving. That’s scary to me.
What I understand you would be able to override it but most people are lazy and probably won't

Where does it stop though? What about personal choice and all that?

Would yall feel the same if they banned high fructose corn syrup and all the products that come from that? Sodas? Alcohol? Fried foods?
You just defend cigarettes & high fructose corn syrup? This comment was American af lol. And none of those products came from high fructose corn syrup, its just added to them as a sugar replacement.

High fructose corn syrup was introduced into food in the 70's as a replacement for high cane and beet sugar prices. And because of US tariffs on sugar and big subsidies for corn farming in this country, they continue to use it, because its cheaper than sugar.

Last edited:
at the end of the day, stop giving all this power to the government. If people wanna smoke, let them lmao

why does it bother you? or concern you?

you cant give entities this much power.
why is this a hard concept to grasp?

the pendulum always swings both ways

What does cigs do? I know some drugs get you high have you feeling out of body.

But what about cigs?

at the end of the day, stop giving all this power to the government. If people wanna smoke, let them lmao

why does it bother you? or concern you?

you cant give entities this much power.
why is this a hard concept to grasp?

the pendulum always swings both ways
People smoking do concern me cause it's affecting my health too

Probably because of second hand smoke leading to cancer

well that goes without saying. lol

my point is, legislation such as this only affects the marginalized, no different than drug criminalization.
smoking is a menace but the gov needs to keep its hands out of ppl personal lives

Had a debate bout that in my civics class in HS.

They had nothing when I brought up cigarettes and alcohol kill more people in this country yearly than all the illegal drugs combined.
You debated against other 15 years olds tho….

Last edited:
Back