Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY New Zealand To Ban Cigarettes

I dont want to go into turn this into a make drugs legal thread, but people need to stop thinking that everything in society remains the same but only drugs become legal.

Making drugs legal means first, education needs to change. Then you put in a ton of places that help you fight addiction and kick the habit with trained social workers. Then you put places where base heads can go and get clean drugs in a healthy manner where they wont OD and get diseases.

Most importantly, you take away the stigma around addiction and even more important, you stop throwing drug addicts in jail.

How do you pay for all this? Easy. Drugs being legal and free reduces a huge part of street crime. So cops, lawyers, and all them shits that tax payers pay for, goes way the fuck down, and you use that money. Second, tax payers spend anywhere between 70k-110k a year on keeping a person in jail. Not jailing drug addicts, and ridding drug dealing means you not spending that money, and you repurpose that money into the services I said.

This leads to a much better society.

Why wont this happen? Because fighting crime is big fucking business. Like super big. Preventing crime on the other hand? Not as much.

We can take this to another thread though

I dont want to go into turn this into a make drugs legal thread, but people need to stop thinking that everything in society remains the same but only drugs become legal.

Making drugs legal means first, education needs to change. Then you put in a ton of places that help you fight addiction and kick the habit with trained social workers. Then you put places where base heads can go and get clean drugs in a healthy manner where they wont OD and get diseases.

Most importantly, you take away the stigma around addiction and even more important, you stop throwing drug addicts in jail.

How do you pay for all this? Easy. Drugs being legal and free reduces a huge part of street crime. So cops, lawyers, and all them shits that tax payers pay for, goes way the fuck down, and you use that money. Second, tax payers spend anywhere between 70k-110k a year on keeping a person in jail. Not jailing drug addicts, and ridding drug dealing means you not spending that money, and you repurpose that money into the services I said.

This leads to a much better society.

Why wont this happen? Because fighting crime is big fucking business. Like super big. Preventing crime on the other hand? Not as much.

We can take this to another thread though

That’s all fairytale. It’s no case study where making drugs like crack, heroin and meth would make a better society.

You don’t need new education to know that shit will fuck yo your life because people see what exactly those drugs lead to. Folks seen it everyday and still wanna participate.

Don’t compare weed to drugs. It’s not comparable at all.

That’s all fairytale. It’s no case study where making drugs like crack, heroin and meth would make a better society.

You don’t need new education to know that shit will fuck yo your life because people see what exactly those drugs lead to. Folks seen it everyday and still wanna participate.

Don’t compare weed to drugs. It’s not comparable at all.

Exactly. Folks still gonna participate.

Difference is, them folks not gonna die cause theyll go safe houses to get their drugs under supervision.

And, them folks not gonna get jailed costing you 70-110k a year.

And, folks not gonna be fighting over turf for drug sales cause all them shits is legal and in safe houses.

No one talked about drug use going down.

The idea is you control all the negative societal impacts of drugs that people are gonna take anyway, and drastically reduce it.

Dope heads dont want help. It’s places for them to better themselves and they don’t care.

I know and grew around too many dope heads to think just because it’s legal it’s gon “help” them

You do better dating Decriminalize drugs because it’s a huge difference from making them legal

Where does it stop though? What about personal choice and all that?

Would yall feel the same if they banned high fructose corn syrup and all the products that come from that? Sodas? Alcohol? Fried foods?
I would prefer the free healthcare than this.

In Europe they want to make it mandatory that cars can only go to the speed limit. It sounds wild but imagine how many lives it would save

Where does it stop though? What about personal choice and all that?

Would yall feel the same if they banned high fructose corn syrup and all the products that come from that? Sodas? Alcohol? Fried foods?
Yoooo this the best fucking comment! Yep ban all that shit!

I would prefer the free healthcare than this.

In Europe they want to make it mandatory that cars can only go to the speed limit. It sounds wild but imagine how many lives it would save
How would that work? There are different speed limits in different areas. Speed plays a part on automobiles deaths but most are due to drivers not paying attention

How would that work? There are different speed limits in different areas. Speed plays a part on automobiles deaths but most are due to drivers not paying attention
The ETSC say that these limiters work by using a “speed sign-recognition camera and/or GPS-linked speed limit data to advise drivers of the current speed limit and automatically limit the speed of the vehicle as needed.”

“ISA systems do not automatically apply the brakes, but simply limit engine power preventing the vehicle from accelerating past the current speed limit unless overridden.”

While that's true most accidents are by people not paying attention they say if you hit someone at 30 they are more likely to survive

The ETSC say that these limiters work by using a “speed sign-recognition camera and/or GPS-linked speed limit data to advise drivers of the current speed limit and automatically limit the speed of the vehicle as needed.”

“ISA systems do not automatically apply the brakes, but simply limit engine power preventing the vehicle from accelerating past the current speed limit unless overridden.”

While that's true most accidents are by people not paying attention they say if you hit someone at 30 they are more likely to survive

Whoa. I don’t like that. I don’t want anybody or anything to have that much control of the vehicle driving. That’s scary to me.

That sounds like some "I robot" shit. Where officials can take control of your car.

whatever-you-say-i-dont-like-that.gif

Back