Welcome To aBlackWeb

New Orleans music appreciation thread

i think this shit dropped during my senior or junior year and used to get played like a mf around here

lot of bangers were coming out the NO' around this time.

Whatever happened to this nigga Weebie? he used to kill them hooks. this used to be my shit

Last song he had was a few years ago.
That shit was a banger. Classic Triggaman and straight from outta the 90s to early 2000s NO bounce sound.
Let Me Find Out

And the remix with the Snoop and Juve.
Juve ripped it as usual

One of these days I'm gonna go through this thread and update it with the drops we put work into.

Last song he had was a few years ago.
That shit was a banger. Classic Triggaman and straight from outta the 90s to early 2000s NO bounce sound.
Let Me Find Out

And the remix with the Snoop and Juve.
Juve ripped it as usual

lmaoo yoooo i aint know this was that niggas song!! i remember this shit. First time seeing the video tho that shit crazy

This song is originally by Charles Mingus, but Branford Marsalis, who is from Louisiana, remade it in 1984.

This song is on an album called Crazy People's Music. It's a remake of a Quincy Jones song called Hicky Burr that Quincy Jones made in the early 70s. It sounds like it's gonna be a regular jazz song but the beat switches up @0:48.

Branford Marsalis teamed up with Gang Starr on the Mo Betta Blues Soundtrack. They made a song called Jazz Thing that you've probably heard. But this is a remix that he did with DJ Premiere and his band. This is probably the first song of its kind.

Here's another song Branford Marsalis did with DJ Premiere

Back