Welcome To aBlackWeb

New Orleans music appreciation thread

What album was this own? Never heard this.
silver, the album is literally the thumbnail fam lol

it was Lil Derrick, baby nephew. He was on a couple early Cash Money projects. He was supposed to be an original hotboy but got locked up

when he got out, they put the money behind smoked outt records

i cannot find this dude first mixtape ANYWHERE on the internet, but this was after that...one of my favs

Cash Money Records had so many classics. And if Fresh had niggaz like Nas OutKast 2Pac and Scarface rappinā€™ over his beats niggaz would say he Top 3 best producer ever smh goofy niggaz lol

Anyway, I had all these niggaz tapes and Iā€™m a NY nigga. Feb. 15th, 2000, was when it started. I was 14. Caught the bus, the 8 Genesee Park Blvd. to Strong Hospital, walked up the street to this store called Record Archive. Every time I had 10-12 dollars on me this was the routine.

They always had in stores now inside the tape cassette or cd cover and iā€™d see all these classics and made it a point to cop them all. I knew later on about UNLV, Pimp Daddy, Lil Slim, Ms. Tee, PMW, and Kilo G.

But Iā€™m about to lace this thread with all my favorite shit I slap in the car to this day, 20 years later...so without further ado..

True Story was B.G. and Wayne when they was hella young but I bump those every now and then. Chopper City this lil nigga B.G. was a problem. Nigga was only 15 when he did most of these records

Fresh in ā€˜96 was that nigga. That Intro was dope as fuck to me. All on U was so cold they had to reup again for Cash Money is an Army. Uptown Thang was one of them regional songs where it made you feel like you were from there or you was walking down Valence St. wit B.G.

Niggaz tried to shit on me for sayinā€™ Fresh was ahead of his time. I stand corrected. This beat shits on half these producers catalogs out here.
I stay bumping this shit here

ā€œ ainā€™t nothing but a G thing baby, these stank ass hoes going crazyā€

ā€œThe bitches I fuck the bitches I duck, ask that hoe next to you that bitch know my truck!ā€

That nigga Fresh had the coldest verse on this pimp shit

Wheel Chairs and Order 20 Keys was my shit at 14. I could have been a dope boy much as I listen to that shit and the environment I grew up in but I stayed broke and said fuck the police and them grimy ass niggaz trying to kill me for trying to get money and flossing. On the real that shit was never worth it. Freedom Over Everything. But anyway..

Represent was another cold track. That shit be knocking if you got a system in yo car. Another dope beat from Fresh.

Back