Welcome To aBlackWeb

New Orleans music appreciation thread

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
aye...this thread was a trip down memory lane on the IC

probably gon be a buncha shit get reposted but fuck it. A lot of people not that familiar with the NOLA sound.

@400Degreez
@shiz
@Knock_Twice
@silverfoxx
@dbp

I think i posted this in the last thread, but this one of my favorite NOLA songs.

Nah I never heard this before, this has to be circa 2000, the first 4 bars or so was from Number 1 Stunna. This from a Big Tymers album?
i think this came out damn near around the time of I got that work.

Smoked outt records was Baby nephew lil derrick label. He had Young Buck on the cd before anybody knew who he was

this nigga lil derrick was out stunting Baby on albums lol

Lil derrick got killed on Halloween circa 2000-2001 iirc. I cant remember the timeline, but yea brah...lil derrick was on a few cash money albums. I think he was originally supposed to be one of the original hot boys, but when it was time to record, i think he got locked up or something.

Damn, i might have to dig in the crates and check out his music. Was he on the level of any of the Hot Boyz?

Damn, i might have to dig in the crates and check out his music. Was he on the level of any of the Hot Boyz?
i mean, he came out with two albums like how Big Tymers had how you luv that vol 1 and 2

the albums were practically the same +/- a song or two

This is him on Soulja Rags (press play)

i mean, as far as comparison to other hot boys, i thought he held his own, but he was heavy on the bragging shit...you know...40" rims and stuff like that lol

He aint fuckin with any of the Hot Boyz, but he aint bad.

Ima keep checkin out this thread and drop some obvious choices later today

He aint fuckin with any of the Hot Boyz, but he aint bad.

Ima keep checkin out this thread and drop some obvious choices later today

lil derrick was aight lol. Def not a top tier dude, but i love the shit he was talking

this him on Chopper City

first verse. I think this was one of his first songs. Not sure how old he was, but shit, i think BG might've been 16 so...take from that what you will. I thought he had his own sound and didnt sound like any one of the other hot boys.

tumblr_naja6huQFY1s559c9o1_500.gif

Back