Welcome To aBlackWeb

New job is requiring me to be fully vaccinated

I'm fully vaccinated, but I completely understand people's apprehension to not getting the shot, even now, shit, especially now with delta. From flat out not trusting the gov't, to not trusting big pharma to seeing the ever undulating efficacy reports of the vaccines and new strains, it's not like there isn't anything to be skeptical about, man. I get it.
The funny thing is people dont be skeptical about shit else...🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm fully vaccinated, but I completely understand people's apprehension to not getting the shot, even now, shit, especially now with delta. From flat out not trusting the gov't, to not trusting big pharma to seeing the ever undulating efficacy reports of the vaccines and new strains, it's not like there isn't anything to be skeptical about, man. I get it.

I guess.

Most of the apprehension seems to revolve around made conspiracies and misinformation.

No one ever said the vaccine was 100% effective.

We've known for the longest that this virus mutated quickly and that could cause the vaccine to be less effective. That was part of the reason they were rushing everyone to get vaccinated as soon as possible.

I suppose I can understand not trusting the government or big pharma, but in this case its in the best interests of both for the vaccines to actually work.

I'm unsure why people are still scare to get vaccinated. I understood the uncertainty at the outset especially with all the misinformation out there, but at this point more than enough people have the vaccine for us to know about any adverse effects it might have.
I cant knock people's reason for being skeptical. Most reasons at least. Pharmaceutical companies dont always get it right. There have been plenty pharm companies that released dangerous product to the public and got sued for it. Look at what happened to purdue. Using underhanded tactics to pedal their very addictive pain killers.

I cant knock people's reason for being skeptical. Most reasons at least. Pharmaceutical companies dont always get it right. There have been plenty pharm companies that released dangerous product to the public and got sued for it. Look at what happened to purdue. Using underhanded tactics to pedal their very addictive pain killers.

Yeah I don't think skepticism is bad in theory...but some of the reasons people keep giving are very much full of dumbasses you wouldn't wanna find yourself agreeing with

There's truth to it. Some people who are extremely vocal about not trusting the vaccine engage in all sorts of unhealthy shit on a daily basis and put things in their bodies that we know are harmful.
Aside from that aspect shitty decision making in general...without a second thought

its not and painting anti-vaxxers as uneducated is just illogical and kinda corny
It is what it is ....you can have your feelings on the facts of the matter but the facts will remain.... I remember when the Plandemic documentary was floating around before educated messaging and the covid team took root people were eating that shit up

Is there no second option?

Like, I cant go into any of our government buildings without providing a negative covid test and the test is good for 3 days. And they require all to wear a mask including the vaccinated

i wish i had another option.

i really was fine with getting tested every week and wearing a mask 😒

It is what it is ....you can have your feelings on the facts of the matter but the facts will remain.... I remember when the Plandemic documentary was floating around before educated messaging and the covid team took root people were eating that shit up

wtf is a plandemic doc?

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't care about people being skeptical. You don't want to get the flu vaccine because you think big pharma is poisoning you? That's fine. However, with COVID it's a little different because people not getting vaccinated and taking other basic precautions are why we are still dealing with COVID.

Now if you're unvaccinated but still taking precaution, it's all good, but a lot of these unvaccinated people still want to be out and about with no mask and that's the problem.

Back