Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason Thread

Deadline past for the Knicks to waive and stretch Noah btw

This is goat shit. Fuck the waive and stretch. We already know whats gonna happen this season. No KP, team gonna struggle as we try to develop Frank and Knox. See what Trey Burke could do in year two with the Knicks to see if they keep him for what will evenntually be a 6th or 7th man role. See what Hezonja can do (kind of feel bad for dude, went from the trash ass magic who cant develop players to the trash ass Knicks who cant develop players).

Do all that amd hopefully get a top 5 pick.

With all that, we dont need to save on Noahs 18 mil this year. If they stretched him this offseason, it would have meant the reamining 40 mil was gonna stretch over 5 seasons, at like 8 mil a year. Its better to keep him and either buy him out next season or stretch the 20 mil left next season over 5 years at lile 4 mil a year.

This is goat shit. Fuck the waive and stretch. We already know whats gonna happen this season. No KP, team gonna struggle as we try to develop Frank and Knox. See what Trey Burke could do in year two with the Knicks to see if they keep him for what will evenntually be a 6th or 7th man role. See what Hezonja can do (kind of feel bad for dude, went from the trash ass magic who cant develop players to the trash ass Knicks who cant develop players).

Do all that amd hopefully get a top 5 pick.

With all that, we dont need to save on Noahs 18 mil this year. If they stretched him this offseason, it would have meant the reamining 40 mil was gonna stretch over 5 seasons, at like 8 mil a year. Its better to keep him and either buy him out next season or stretch the 20 mil left next season over 5 years at lile 4 mil a year.
Fitz tried to bring a coaching staff specifically known for player development. I'll give him a few seasons to see if they can change anything. No way are they any worse than that bullshit we had last year.

Fitz tried to bring a coaching staff specifically known for player development. I'll give him a few seasons to see if they can change anything. No way are they any worse than that bullshit we had last year.

Yep. I agree. Just meant historically

This is goat shit. Fuck the waive and stretch.

giphy.gif

Based on the CBA, that date marks the beginning of the new business year for the league as far as calculating contracts, so in essence, once we pass September 1st, were are officially in the 2018-2019 season. Once that happens this year’s salary for Deng (18,000,000) becomes fully committed, and can no longer be stretched. But that’s actually good news.

As described by Adrian Wojnarowski and Ian Begley in a story they did for ESPN regarding the Knicks facing the identical situation with Joakim Noah (2 more years, way too much money owed, and zero palpable trade options) the Lakers and Deng can basically leapfrog a whole year of uncomfortable DNP CDs if they waive him after September 1st, at that point stretching only the final year of his contract over the ensuing three seasons. In essence, with the 2018-2019 contract already a sunk cost, the Lakers would be stretching only the final year for Deng (18,810,000) over the summers of 2019, 2020, and 2021, but they’d be doing it now instead of next summer.

Also, i doubt Noah leaves close to the 7.5 mil on the table if u guys decide to do it next season.

Not sure how Dell keeps making these moves but I appreciate him not just standing around

Back