Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason Thread

tenor.gif

If the Pelicans could ever get some legit help on the wing I would really fuck with this team

Somebody like Treveon Graham before the Nets picked him up would have been a good look imo
i respect ya opinion

but i get so tired of hearing/reading this "they have no wing" shit

how many teams in the league do?

If the wing is the only place where they are lacking, i'll take whatever the fallout comes from that as i dont think it moves the needle that much with the way you can gameplan for the oppositions wing

i respect ya opinion

but i get so tired of hearing/reading this "they have no wing" shit

how many teams in the league do?

If the wing is the only place where they are lacking, i'll take whatever the fallout comes from that as i dont think it moves the needle that much with the way you can gameplan for the oppositions wing

3 and D wings are probably the most valuable position in the modern NBA, you can get by without them having one sure but if want to compete at the highest level and be a contender you need to have something there

I didn't know yall signed Troy Williams either though, I wish the Rockets had kept him

3 and D wings are probably the most valuable position in the modern NBA, you can get by without them having one sure but if want to compete at the highest level and be a contender you need to have something there

I didn't know yall signed Troy Williams either though, I wish the Rockets had kept him

i read an article about the whole "3 and D" concept, and its pretty much a buzzword a this point b/c the actual amount of people who are going to be able to contribute at an effective rate on both side of the court at that position are few and far in between.

Most wings are gonna be able to do one pretty good and the other one either not so good or serviceable, but i guess it really depends on the teams needs at that position, but there is a reason why the dudes who are considered top tier at the SF position aren't just on every team in the league. Most of the SFs in the league are rotational/depth guys. Thats not a bad thing at all, but to hinge a teams entire success on the basis that they have one i think is overkill

i read an article about the whole "3 and D" concept, and its pretty much a buzzword a this point b/c the actual amount of people who are going to be able to contribute at an effective rate on both side of the court at that position are few and far in between.

Most wings are gonna be able to do one pretty good and the other one either not so good or serviceable, but i guess it really depends on the teams needs at that position, but there is a reason why the dudes who are considered top tier at the SF position aren't just on every team in the league. Most of the SFs in the league are rotational/depth guys. Thats not a bad thing at all, but to hinge a teams entire success on the basis that they have one i think is overkill

I think we just value the position differently........You seem to view 3 and D wings as a luxury, I see them as a necessity if you want your team to be a contender

Look at the teams who currently believe they can compete for a championship

Boston - refused to give up Tatum or Brown in any deal so far

Houston - Everyone is killing them because we let Ariza and Mbah A Moute go

Philly - Prioritezed finding a starting wing this offseason and traded for Wilson Chandler

Toronto - Even though they were getting Kawhi the refused to give up OG

Golden State - You see the impact Igudola provides and they are one of the most talented teams ever assembled

These are just examples to make my point about how coveted and important 3 and D guys are.....Again a team can be good and have a successful season without them but it will be a problem at some point

I think we just value the position differently........You seem to view 3 and D wings as a luxury, I see them as a necessity if you want your team to be a contender

Look at the teams who currently believe they can compete for a championship

Boston - refused to give up Tatum or Brown in any deal so far

Houston - Everyone is killing them because we let Ariza and Mbah A Moute go

Philly - Prioritezed finding a starting wing this offseason and traded for Wilson Chandler

Toronto - Even though they were getting Kawhi the refused to give up OG

Golden State - You see the impact Igudola provides and they are one of the most talented teams ever assembled

These are just examples to make my point about how coveted and important 3 and D guys are.....Again a team can be good and have a successful season without them but it will be a problem at some point

yea, but the teams you posted make up 6% of the league with only 3 of those that were in their respective conf finals.

good examples tho

yea, but the teams you posted make up 6% of the league with only 3 of those that were in their respective conf finals.

good examples tho

That was my point, there's only a few teams can consider themselves contenders and they all value 3&D wings.......that's not a coincidence

But hey if you think y'all don't need any help on the wing than I'm not going to force you to believe otherwise lol

That was my point, there's only a few teams can consider themselves contenders and they all value 3&D wings.......that's not a coincidence

But hey if you think y'all don't need any help on the wing than I'm not going to force you to believe otherwise lol

unless the opposition every night is scoring the bulk of their points or creating offense from that spot on the court, then i'll live with the fallout of not having one of those guys b/c having an elite one will come at the expense of something else more valuable

I would rather roll out a small ball lineup of AD, Randle and Mirotic in most situations b/c of AD's ability to guard the wing or point on switches

unless the opposition every night is scoring the bulk of their points or creating offense from that spot on the court, then i'll live with the fallout of not having one of those guys b/c having an elite one will come at the expense of something else more valuable

I would rather roll out a small ball lineup of AD, Randle and Mirotic in most situations b/c of AD's ability to guard the wing or point on switches

I'm going in circles at this point lol

You keep saying "you'll deal with the fallout on most nights"......thats the equivalent of me telling you that you can be good and win games without one but you're limited and it'll be a problem at some point

If you're cool with barely making the playoffs or just getting out of the first round then sure you don't need anything on the wing to do that

If you aspire to make runs to the conference finals and finals than you will need to be better at that position

And playing AD, Randle and Mirotic isn't a small ball lineup, it's the exact opposite wtf

I'm going in circles at this point lol

You keep saying "you'll deal with the fallout on most nights"......thats the equivalent of me telling you that you can be good and win games without one but you're limited and it'll be a problem at some point

If you're cool with barely making the playoffs or just getting out of the first round then sure you don't need anything on the wing to do do that

If you aspire to make runs to the conference finals and finals than you will need to be better at that position

And playing AD, Randle and Mirotic isn't a small ball lineup, it's the exact opposite wtf

i should've expounded on my point a lil more, but it is what it is

but all im saying is i dont think its as big of an issue as you are making it when there are other deficiencies on the team.

they aren't just growing "3 and D" guys you can pick from trees. So if you arent able to draft or sign a known one in FA, are you just gonna throw the towel in on the season?

i should've expounded on my point a lil more, but it is what it is

but all im saying is i dont think its as big of an issue as you are making it when there are other deficiencies on the team.

they aren't just growing "3 and D" guys you can pick from trees. So if you arent able to draft or sign a known one in FA, are you just gonna throw the towel in on the season?

Never said anything like throwing in the towel on the season lol

My original point and assessment was I like this Pelicans team but I would like them even more if they had a solid option on the wing.....which y'all dont

Every team has flaws and when I look at y'alls roster that's the one glaring hole that stands out imo

I think it's a real concern and you don't

Just have to agree to disagree

Back