Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pair that with the Covington trade rumors and them desperately trying to trade Wiggins lol

Sucks being a wolves fan I see why freshB plays 2K 6 hrs a day
Wiggins....Teague...was paying jerryd Bayless and Derrick Rose last year

No way in fuck I root for that bullshit

I thought KG was being petty when he said they ain’t know wtf they was doing last year

Low key bottom 3 organization

Suns
Wolves
Jazz(this a demographic selection lol)

Leonard has essentially agreed to a two-year deal and can opt-out after that. At that point he’ll be a 10-year veteran and would be eligible for a super-max deal. It will also give him the opportunity to opt out and become a free agent in 2021, the same as Paul George.

This also means Leonard could bolt from the Clippers if things don’t go well over the next two seasons

You didn't answer my question. If they win is it okay if they mortgaged their future and both leave?

I don't know why they would leave, but if they did......I don't know. There is always free agency to put together teams with the cap space they'd have. Yeah, it would be worth it for the Clippers as an organization to get a title and only have them for two years. I mean they've been an afterthought for most of their existence so a title would be huge and draw other free agents to the Clippers.

Brooklyn Nets’ four-year, $164 million pact with Kevin Durant is actually a 3+1 that contains a player option, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

As the Heat and Oklahoma City continue discussions on a Russell Westbrook trade, one issue that both sides need to navigate is competing financial interests.

The Thunder ideally would like to take back salaries slightly less than the $38.2 million that Westbrook will earn this coming season because OKC doesn’t want to increase its luxury tax payments. That’s a big deal for OKC, which is $2.25 million above the $132.6 million tax threshold and is subject to the punitive repeater tax if it stays over that threshold.

But because the Heat is hard capped at $138.9 million after the Jimmy Butler trade and won’t have space to sign any more players after eventually signing Tyler Herro, Miami cannot send out less money than it absorbs in a Westbrook trade. And the Heat needs to send out players earning at least a couple million dollars more than Westbrook’s $38.2 million if it’s a 3-for-1 trade.

Here’s why: Because the Heat likely will need to send OKC three players for Westbrook, Miami would be left with 12 players under contract if it’s a 3-for-1, instead of the 14 that will be under contract with the current roster after Herro signs.

Teams must have at least 13 players under contract by the first game of the regular season, meaning Miami would somehow need to find a way to trim additional salary to add a very cheap 13th player by mid-October. It would be OK, within league rules, for the Heat to have fewer than 13 players under contract before then.

I don't know why they would leave, but if they did......I don't know. There is always free agency to put together teams with the cap space they'd have. Yeah, it would be worth it for the Clippers as an organization to get a title and only have them for two years. I mean they've been an afterthought for most of their existence so a title would be huge and draw other free agents to the Clippers.
Iight cool just was wondering

Has to be bittersweet though

Ask mans in toronto

As the Heat and Oklahoma City continue discussions on a Russell Westbrook trade, one issue that both sides need to navigate is competing financial interests.

The Thunder ideally would like to take back salaries slightly less than the $38.2 million that Westbrook will earn this coming season because OKC doesn’t want to increase its luxury tax payments. That’s a big deal for OKC, which is $2.25 million above the $132.6 million tax threshold and is subject to the punitive repeater tax if it stays over that threshold.

But because the Heat is hard capped at $138.9 million after the Jimmy Butler trade and won’t have space to sign any more players after eventually signing Tyler Herro, Miami cannot send out less money than it absorbs in a Westbrook trade. And the Heat needs to send out players earning at least a couple million dollars more than Westbrook’s $38.2 million if it’s a 3-for-1 trade.

Here’s why: Because the Heat likely will need to send OKC three players for Westbrook, Miami would be left with 12 players under contract if it’s a 3-for-1, instead of the 14 that will be under contract with the current roster after Herro signs.

Teams must have at least 13 players under contract by the first game of the regular season, meaning Miami would somehow need to find a way to trim additional salary to add a very cheap 13th player by mid-October. It would be OK, within league rules, for the Heat to have fewer than 13 players under contract before then.
Oh no...It's hard to acquire Westbrook...what are we going to do?

Giannis elgible for 250 mil next summer,kahwi and pg both eligible for 10 years in the league maxes and both are in l.a. which is where they wanted to be.

Y’all gonna be hyped for nothin
Please name the other FAs also you dont know what could change in two years

Giannis ain't ever leaving though

PG forced his way off of two diff teams like a hoe whats another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back