Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to do your due diligence

Nobody they signed was getting a better deal elsewhere or they would’ve went there

I just want Miami to somehow get Wall/Beal in a 3 team deal that get my boy Frankie to DC. Iso Zo too

That would be completely illogical. Why would those players wait until all the other teams cap space is dried up and you're forced to take whatever team remains gives you? To even suggest that would imply a vast misunderstanding of how free agency works on the part of the players/agents.

The Knicks did their due diligence when they opened dialogue with Kawhi's team to even be informed that he'd be making them wait until at least Wednesday.

That would be completely illogical. Why would those players wait until all the other teams cap space is dried up and you're forced to take whatever team remains gives you? To even suggest that would imply a vast misunderstanding of how free agency works on the part of the players/agents.

The Knicks did their due diligence when they opened dialogue with Kawhi's team to even be informed that he'd be making them wait until at least Wednesday.
Are you being dense purposely and fucking with me?

They are all average players. Even if you decide you can’t wait, you make the pitch. Julius Randle is the best of them. No disrespect to Randle cause I’ve always liked him but who the fuck cares if you miss out on Julius Randle to pitch to Kawhi. You’re not competing anyway.

Furthermore you could have signed him and one more and still had enough money to wait. Even if he doesn’t come, you focus on nailing that pitch for the future

Are you being dense purposely and fucking with me?

They are all average players. Even if you decide you can’t wait, you make the pitch. Julius Randle is the best of them. No disrespect to Randle cause I’ve always liked him but who the fuck cares if you miss out on Julius Randle to pitch to Kawhi. You’re not competing anyway.

Furthermore you could have signed him and one more and still had enough money to wait. Even if he doesn’t come, you focus on nailing that pitch for the future

No, I find your suggestions to be dense. Make what pitch? They spoke with his team and the man said I'll talk to you Wednesday after I speak to the Lakers and Clippers. There was no opportunity to make a pitch in the Knicks', "unable to wait," scenario.

The Lakers can afford to wait. The Raptors can afford to wait coming off a championship. The Clippers can afford to wait after overachieving last season and having the core of their team intact. Please do tell me if the Knicks had waited until this point, for a player with whom they'd clearly be the 4th option at best, what would you suggest they then do to begin building a winning culture for the young players; while not overpaying in years for undeserving talent?

Everyone that actually knows the game beyond a casual level have said the Knicks did well in their plan B but the narrative still is what it is. Can you imagine if the Knicks missed on KD, Kyrie, Kawhi and then end up with nothing? Wait a week for this man to choose the Lakers for what? So y'all can talk even more about how trash an owner Dolan is? Nah.

We've spent 4 days now talking about how the Nets built a culture that marquee free agents would find attractive. Now let the Knicks do the same. Always going for the quick fix and making brash decisions is what got them into this mess. KD was plan A and Mills/Perry/Fizdale were transparent in letting the fanbase know what plan B was very early. Kawhi was never seen as an option in any plan so I respect them for not jumping to Plan J just because the media decided to throw the franchise name in the mix to keep pumping ratings.

It's also not about what tier the players we signed are in. You missed the entire point of what the Knicks did. It was creating flexibility, a winning/competitive culture and youth development. They would not have been able to lock up all those team options while still putting out a competitive squad if they played this circle jerk with Kawhi.

Wish the Rockets would trade for Nemanja Bjelica

Kings bringing back Barnes and picked up Ariza, dude probably going not even going to be in the rotation next season

Monte and Amar'e better stick with that B1G3 money, cause it's a wrap from them in the league.

DeMarcus is about to join them soon enough.

And we need Korver back.

I'm too lazy to find the tweet

But a reporter said that SDSU coaching staff didn't even know if kawhi was gonna come there. He just showed up the first day off summer school

They said they hadn't heard from him in weeks

Got damn

Yeah I read that article also. He is a different type of guy. Lol

Yo where did the term "load management" come from? Shit is the new "clutch gene" and "2 way player"

Cant watch or listen to none of these shows without the shit being said at least twice an hr. I wouldn't even care if I didnt just hear somebody say it in the beauty supply store of all places smh lmao

Yo where did the term "load management" come from? Shit is the new "clutch gene" and "2 way player"

Cant watch or listen to none of these shows without the shit being said at least twice an hr. I wouldn't even care if I didnt just hear somebody say it in the beauty supply store of all places smh lmao

2 way player is a real thing fam.

Shit just mean rest to stay fresh. (Pitch count)

2 way player is a real thing fam.

Shit just mean rest to stay fresh. (Pitch count)
I know they're real things and I know what they mean. But when ppl on ESPN start saying and repeating certain terms it trickles down and frames the way everyday ppl talk about sports. Nobody woulda ever said clutch gene or used that as a metric if they didnt hear skip say it. People cant talk about Kawhi now without saying load management. It's irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back