• Pat Ewing

• Bill Walton

• Wilt Chamberlin

• Joker

• Bob McAdoo

• Moses Malone

• Hakeem Olajuwon

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is another perspective yoy can take. He also won mvps when a guy averaged 50 ppg and another guy averaged an efficient truple double. Some raw stats werent recorded then let alone advanced stats, so the eye test was clearly the best option

Last edited:
Also averaged 20+ boards.

Yall only like scorers, not ballers in general.

Thereā€™s more to the game than a J.

I'm not saying Russell was a scrub, but compared to the other niggas on the list who could score and grab boards... no way he's top 4.

KAJ never played against Russell

Wes Unseld had a career average of 10 & 14. And only 6'7.

McAdoo was more PF than center and 6'9

Reed was outta the league by '74

Cowens was only 6'9 but I'll give you that one since they actually matched up with each other.

KAJ never won mvp while Parish was in Boston.

Wilt was outta the league by '73

Sampson ain't in the hall for his nba career but ironically the only time he faced the Lakers in the playoffs, he won. Lol

There is a reason many people say the 70's was the weakest era in the NBA. Just look at the hall of famers you just named.
How you discredit dudes for their height when Ben Wallace was around grabbed DPOY awards every year at 6ā€™9ā€ while Shaq still in his prime? Oh, won a title vs Shaq too.

Wilt still won a title in his 2nd to last seasonā€¦while Kareem was still a young killer.

Kareem won FINALS MVP vs the Chiefā€¦at 35ā€¦and that was after they (him and McHale) rocked him in the Memorial Day Massacre.

If weā€™re going to go down the list to discredit muhfuckas, I can do the same to the centers Shaq (and Hakeem, for the most part) played against:

Robinson - 1 MVP and no rings till Timmmmaay showed up.

Ewing - Half-decent but never an MVP, nor placed Top 3 in MVP voting.

Hakeem is the only legit HOF Shaq played against, and he busted Shaq ass for the ring

Sabonisā€¦..FOH. Howā€™d he make it to the Hall?

Yao - Sabonis Part 2, just two inches taller with a great PR team from China. Never went past Round 1 of the playoffs, and known for being an ā€œambassadorā€ of the game than a player.

At least some of the dudes Kareem faced won either a ring an MVP or both, or a FMVP.

Just cause you donā€™t like that era doesnā€™t mean them dudes were kicking all sorts of ass.

The 90s got better PR and more global reach. That donā€™t automatically make it a better era. Shit was watered down like a muhfucka too with the expansion of the Heat, Wolves, Hornets, Magic, Grizz, and Raptors, which ultimately helped you-know-who to dominate the NBA in the 90sā€¦.but we talking about Centers.

Last edited:
How you discredit dudes for their height when Ben Wallace was around grabbed DPOY awards every year at 6ā€™9ā€ while Shaq still in his prime? Oh, won a title vs Shaq too.

Wilt still won a title in his 2nd to last seasonā€¦while Kareem was still a young killer.

Kareem won FINALS MVP vs the Chiefā€¦at 35ā€¦and that was after they (him and McHale) rocked him in the Memorial Day Massacre.

If weā€™re going to go down the list to discredit muhfuckas, I can do the same to the centers Shaq (and Hakeem, for the most part) played against:

Robinson - 1 MVP and no rings till Timmmmaay showed up.

Ewing - Half-decent but never an MVP, nor placed Top 3 in MVP voting.

Hakeem is the only legit HOF Shaq played against, and he busted Shaq ass for the ring

Sabonisā€¦..FOH. Howā€™d he make it to the Hall?

Yao - Sabonis Part 2, just two inches taller with a great PR team from China. Never went past Round 1 of the playoffs, and known for being an ā€œambassadorā€ of the game than a player.

At least some of the dudes Kareem faced won either a ring an MVP or both, or a FMVP.

Just cause you donā€™t like that era doesnā€™t mean them dudes were kicking all sorts of ass.

The 90s got better PR and more global reach. That donā€™t automatically make it a better era. Shit was watered down like a muhfucka too with the expansion of the Heat, Wolves, Hornets, Magic, Grizz, and Raptors, which ultimately helped you-know-who to dominate the NBA in the 90sā€¦.but we talking about Centers.
Yet Shaq still has more votes here than Kareem. lol

Cornbread Maxwell & Iggy won FMVP too. meh

Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem all first ballot hall of famers. My point still remains that Kareem played in a weaker era. How long did Unseld, Reed, McAdoo and Cowens have to wait to get in and they really were the only few good bigs of that era? They were winning awards bcuz fewer than 20 teams were playing. Had to pass those awards out to somebody lol. Also, let's not act like KAJ didn't benefit from the ABA expansion.

Look man, nobody is calling KAJ a scrub but to say he is the absolute best center bcuz of MVPs is where I disagree with ya. Hakeem would be my choice as the best center. But this thread is about 4 centers and you got all aggy bcuz your choice isn't leading the vote as if that even matters.

I'll say it once again. Kareem has the goat basketball resume (dynasties in high school, college & NBA) but he ain't the goat NBA player.

Yet Shaq still has more votes here than Kareem. lol

You should know that donā€™t count for shit here, knowing half the muhfuckas in here WERENT EVEN BORN by the time Kareem retired.
Cornbread Maxwell & Iggy won FMVP too. meh

Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem all first ballot hall of famers. My point still remains that Kareem played in a weaker era. How long did Unseld, Reed, McAdoo and Cowens have to wait to get in and they really were the only few good bigs of that era? They were winning awards bcuz fewer than 20 teams were playing. Had to pass those awards out to somebody lol. Also, let's not act like KAJ didn't benefit from the ABA expansion.
Kareem won rings AND MVPs in TWO different decades. None of the centers you named - Shaq , Hakeem, Robinson, etc - can say that.

I'll say it once again. Kareem has the goat basketball resume (dynasties in high school, college & NBA) but he ain't the goat NBA player.
Take off the college and HS stats, and Lew Alcindor aka Kareem Abdul-Jabbar stands tall over EVERYONE.

MY point is this. Yall take these poll in popularity and not in face value, and if weā€™re trying to be non-biased, and cut the bullshit and BE NON-BIASED.

Look man, nobody is calling KAJ a scrub but to say he is the absolute best center bcuz of MVPs is where I disagree with ya. Hakeem would be my choice as the best center. But this thread is about 4 centers and you got all aggy bcuz your choice isn't leading the vote as if that even matters.
Disagree all you want. The stats, the accomplishments, accolades, say YOUā€™RE WRONG. End of Goddamn story.

Kareem >>> ALL other Centers in NBA History. No poll shouldnā€™t reflect anything less, especially when ALL signs point that way.

Speak truth, not your ā€œfavoriteā€ or emotions.

You should know that donā€™t count for shit here, knowing half the muhfuckas in here WERENT EVEN BORN by the time Kareem retired.

Kareem won rings AND MVPs in TWO different decades. None of the centers you named - Shaq , Hakeem, Robinson, etc - can say that.

Take off the college and HS stats, and Lew Alcindor aka Kareem Abdul-Jabbar stands tall over EVERYONE.

MY point is this. Yall take these poll in popularity and not in face value, and if weā€™re trying to be non-biased, and cut the bullshit and BE NON-BIASED.

Disagree all you want. The stats, the accomplishments, accolades, say YOUā€™RE WRONG. End of Goddamn story.

Kareem >>> ALL other Centers in NBA History. No poll shouldnā€™t reflect anything less, especially when ALL signs point that way.

Speak truth, not your ā€œfavoriteā€ or emotions.
The thing is you are mad at people for voting on players that they watched. It ain't about you. The poll said pick 4. Does it even say the best 4 or your favorite 4? They picked who they picked and they like Shaq better.

You keep bringing up those watered down MVPs. Winning MVP in 1970 and 1980 is hardly two decades but whatever. lol Also rings are a TEAM accomplishment and Bill Russell and his team did it better. Wilt wins in the stats department. Easily. All 3 played in weak eras. When they bring up the best era for centers they bring up the Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson & Ewing era. Facts.

I'm still taking Hakeem over Kareem. Don't care about being wrong or accolades. I trust my eyes.

Eyes should always tell you someone new is better. If Jordan played today he probably would not even be a top 30 player and im probably being generous. But greatness should be measured by what you have done and even Shaq understands that but for some reason Shaqs fanbase thinks they know more about the game than him.

Eyes should always tell you someone new is better. If Jordan played today he probably would not even be a top 30 player and im probably being generous. But greatness should be measured by what you have done and even Shaq understands that but for some reason Shaqs fanbase thinks they know more about the game than him.
Would Reggie Miller be better than Khris Middleton today?

If Jordan ain't top 30 then where would Kareem be today?

Back