• Pat Ewing

• Bill Walton

• Wilt Chamberlin

• Joker

• Bob McAdoo

• Moses Malone

• Hakeem Olajuwon

Results are only viewable after voting.
And he was 10 years old when his idol retired so basically he really doesn't know anything about him but youtube.
Seven, hoe. I was seven when Kareem hung ā€˜em up.

And my B-Ball idol is Sir Charles. As a real Sixer muhfucka coming in the late ā€˜80s would be. Truth be told, I hate the fuckin Lakers.

I just respect the game. And I respect it enough to not limit it to just my lifetime when weā€™re talking about the ALL-TIME GREATS.

Which is why the Bill Russell disrespect in here is equally baffling.

But, this is the same contingent that said Klay >> Reggie and Wade >> AI, so Iā€™m not surprised.

Seven, hoe. I was seven when Kareem hung ā€˜em up.

And my B-Ball idol is Sir Charles. As a real Sixer muhfucka coming in the late ā€˜80s would be.

I just respect the game. And I respect it enough to not limit to my lifetime when weā€™re talking about the ALL-TIME GREATS.
Cool story bro.

I thought Shaq even said that the only center i can truly accept ahead of him is KAJ. Btw im probably misquoting a bit but regardless kaj and russell have the accolades/Resume for the GOAT and not just center. So the question is what are you basing your GOAT status on?

I thought Shaq even said that the only center i can truly accept ahead of him is KAJ. Btw im probably misquoting a bit but regardless kaj and russell have the accolades/Resume for the GOAT and not just center. So the question is what are you basing your GOAT status on?
ALL of it: Rings, MVPs, All-Stars (when the fans didnā€™t piggyback their favorite players to the game), impact, legacy.

Any way you slice it, Kareem beats Shaq in EVERY way except power, and his consistency, graceful execution, and 2nd-to-LeBron durability goes light years ahead of the Diesel.

Wilt's numbers were so crazy even if you adjusted them for "inflation" they're still better than every other center.

KAJ and Bill weren't even the best player on their team most of the time they won a ring.

Thatā€™s wild to me how bill and KAJ werenā€™t the best players on their team when both are 1 and 2 when it comes to mvps (6 mvp for Kareem and 5 for Russell). Both achieved probably the most accomplishments that were available than any other player in their career.

Bill is the best defensive center
Kareem is the best basketball center.
Shaq is the most physically dominant center
Wilt is the best athlete to ever play basketball at center

Thatā€™s wild to me how bill and KAJ werenā€™t the best players on their team when both are 1 and 2 when it comes to mvps (6 mvp for Kareem and 5 for Russell). Both achieved probably the most accomplishments that were available than any other player in their career.

MVP voting can be it's own thread discussion.

Russell was averaging 10 pts in the finals. Get that nigga df outta here.

I got KAJ ranked way higher than Bill, but Magic was the clear #1 when KAJ was winning rings.

Whoever voted for Dwight Howard can't be taken seriously when talking about basketball. Dude is nowhere near even being a great player when compared to the GOATs. Howard played in a weak era for centers and had a loaded team of scorers with range. Lastly, the dude had no depth to his game and he only dominated because he was a super athlete at his position when there was no one to keep up with his athleticism; even then he couldn't lead a team to a title. Howard is a prime example of media and fans overrating decent players as "superstars." There are very few superstars in the NBA, most are role players.

Howard would have multiple titles if he was used during his prime how he was used with the Lakers in the bubble. That's his best fit on a team.

Wilt's numbers were so crazy even if you adjusted them for "inflation" they're still better than every other center.

KAJ and Bill weren't even the best player on their team most of the time they won a ring.
FOH:

Kareem:
1 ring, 5 MVPs without Magic
5 MVPs, 1 ring without Big O

Magic and Big O: 0 rings, 2 MVPs without Kareem COMBINED.

Bill Russell:
5 rings, 1 MVP without Bob Cousy
2 rings without KC Jones
4 rings, 2 MVP without John Havilchek

Cousy, Jones, & Havilchek: 2 rings, 1 MVP without Russell COMBINED. (All from Havilchek in the 70s)

Fuck is yall talkin about? Bill WAS that team, just like Kareem was the early part of LA.

Like I said: Stick to 91-present.

Last edited:
4 of Kareem's MVPs came when the league had less than 20 teams and half the stars were in the ABA. Plus he never won one after Magic's rookie season. I would prolly use a different argument than MVPs to measure Kareem's greatness.

4 of Kareem's MVPs came when the league had less than 20 teams and half the stars were in the ABA.
And against the following centers:

Bob Lanier
Wes Unseld
Bob McAdoo
Willis Reed
Dave Cowens
Bill Russell
The Chief, Robert Parish
Wilt
Ralph Sampson

ALL HoFamers by the wayā€¦.much more then what Shaq or Hakeem played against.

Last edited:
And against the following centers:

Bob Lanier
Wes Unseld
Bob McAdoo
Willis Reed
Dave Cowens
Bill Russell
The Chief, Robert Parish
Wilt
Ralph Sampson

ALL HoFamers by the wayā€¦.
KAJ never played against Russell

Wes Unseld had a career average of 10 & 14. And only 6'7.

McAdoo was more PF than center and 6'9

Reed was outta the league by '74

Cowens was only 6'9 but I'll give you that one since they actually matched up with each other.

KAJ never won mvp while Parish was in Boston.

Wilt was outta the league by '73

Sampson ain't in the hall for his nba career but ironically the only time he faced the Lakers in the playoffs, he won. Lol

There is a reason many people say the 70's was the weakest era in the NBA. Just look at the hall of famers you just named.

Last edited:
Back