Welcome To aBlackWeb

Naturals: How long does wash day take?

How long does washing your hair take you?

• Total voters
I dread wash days and cowash days. Wash days are the longest obv bc of shampooing.

1. Shampoo twice.
2. Detangle with condtioner and rinse after 10-15 mins
3. Apply leave-in
4. Separate hair into 4 sections. Spray one section with coconut and argon oil water mixture.
5. Apply cream moisturizer and curl definer.
6. Detangle with fingers and brush from ends to roots.
7. Make about 3-4 two strand twists for each section.

Takes about 2 1/2 hrs at the most and 1 hr at the very least if its cowash.

Me to. Too time consuming.

How often do you co-wash?

Women, you need to let a man know that you don't know how long it takes to take care of your hair because if you tell a man that upfront he won't expect you to wash his. Dread problems!!!

i hope this is the right place but looking for some hair care products for my lil girl

her hair is very full and thick like papa and most of the stuff ends up caking up after a couple of days making it appear dirty ish

any recommendations?

i hope this is the right place but looking for some hair care products for my lil girl

her hair is very full and thick like papa and most of the stuff ends up caking up after a couple of days making it appear dirty ish

any recommendations?
should I make this into its own thread? can you mention which products you're using on the little darling

should I make this into its own thread? can you mention which products you're using on the little darling

ehhh...maybe i should've put it in the parent thread, but one of them was "thank god im natural"

ehhh...maybe i should've put it in the parent thread, but one of them was "thank god im natural"
no I didn't mean it doesn't belong here, I was just thinking you might get more replies if "kid haircare" was the title.

can u list the products u use on her?

When I'm lazy about 1 1/2 to 2 hours

1. Apple Cider Rinse/scalp massage 15 mins
2. Shampoo/Massage scalp 15 mins
3. Condition/heat cap about 30 mins
4. Rinse
5. Oil & seal
6. twist/style

If im feeling fancy I do steps 1 & 2 then deep condition overnight with my diy conditioner. Then continue with steps 4 thru 6 in the morning.

beyonce-curls.gif
I need you to come to Texas and wash my hair

Never tried co-washing.
You need to. All you gotta do is wash with a powerful shampoo, then get rid of any conditioner you have with ingredients ending in "cone" and start using conditioner in the place of shampoo. leave some conditioner in instead of rinsing it all out.

your hair will be luxurious.

@BNE
not long....
take about 2 mins to get it all wet (every kink and curl)
I shampoo twice
about 5 mins with one shampoo for de-tangling and strengthening purposes
5 min with my curl definition shampoo
Condition (takes the longest)
i kind of do it in three parts (front, middle, back)
Then i use my wide tooth comb to comb through (gently, I'm tender headed af)
um that'll take bout 5-20 min lol
Now depending on if I'm in the shower or washing in the sink...its wait time. that's another 5-20 mins or so
rinse (15 mins)
whatever moisturizer i decide to use take about 10 mins
now right now during the hell fire we got in MD i'd be done ill wear it like that to work or w/e
during the colder months ill twist which can take about 5 mins -1 hour lol
in total we looking at about 30 mins - 2 hours lmbo... yea not long at all

Less than an hour cuz my hair isn't that long right now. But even when I get some real length I don't think it would take much longer than now cuz I'm lazy af. I ain't sectioning and pre-pooing doing all that extra shit.

Less than an hour cuz my hair isn't that long right now. But even when I get some real length I don't think it would take much longer than now cuz I'm lazy af. I ain't sectioning and pre-pooing doing all that extra shit.
Finally somebody who doesn't run up their water bill

"riight"That's what you sayin now. Wait til you get more length and try to detangle without sectioning that mf off.

Yea, I'm noticing the time it takes to wash my hair is getting longer. Can't play with dreads, gotta make sure these mfs are super clean.

Alla of yall need to put wash buckets on your wish lists, no need for these sky high water bills. One of these will get yall right:

72b2cf7ab3c9b0506fca5142448f2a73.jpg

any recommendations?

Unfortunately, many products leave that dirty ish top coat on the hair. To lessen that, use less product and mix it with an oil when applying it to her hair. Be sure to rub the prodouct into her hair very well.
My oil of choice is safflower. I purchase it at whole foods.

Back