Welcome To aBlackWeb

Naturals: How long does wash day take?

How long does washing your hair take you?

• Total voters

Golden

Administrator
It took me 1.5hrs in the shower yesterday because I used a silicone conditioner by accident and had to clarify it out of my hair with some harsh, stripping shampoo. Had to compensate for that with a "quick" deep conditioner, and so I lost damn near 2hrs of my life lol.

Tell me, how long does wash day take you at it's longest? You can answer if relaxed, too.

Bonus question:

Is taking over an hour to shampoo, condition, detangle and moisturize/style long hair unusual?

seriously? damn. I thought I had it bad lol. it passed by quick too, I fr thought I was taking a 45 min shower then I get out n check the computer to find that an hr and half has passed.

can I ask which steps you take? I had to use a clarifying shampoo that left my hair feeling like straw, so compensating for that with deep conditioning ate up time.

Oh shit I read it wrong.
Washing takes about thirty minutes unless I'm doing all that extra shit, it takes an hour.
I'm talking about all that extra shit for your hair. start to finish, shampooing, detangling, conditioning, twists or w/e.

I'm talking about all that extra shit for your hair. start to finish, shampooing, detangling, conditioning, twists or w/e.
Oh then 4 hours.

I detangle my hair, then wash it in sections, condition it in sections, twist it in sections.

Deep condition once a week which makes the process longer cause I gotta get my ass right back in the tub and rinse it out.

Oh then 4 hours.

I detangle my hair, then wash it in sections, condition it in sections, twist it in sections.

Deep condition once a week which makes the process longer cause I gotta get my ass right back in the tub and rinse it out.
Not to me. It's the process.
I'm saying. if it was a regular day when it was just a matter of condition-washing and going, cld've kept it all 30-45mins. but it was a full on wash day cuz I used the wrong products a few days before.

glad to hear I'm normal with my 1.5hr wash day lol

Wash day is 4 hours.

Cowash day depending on how I feel 45 minutes to 1.5hrs.
Thank you Kandy. I was told that a nearly 2hr shower spent washing hair is impossible, so I appreciate not being alone in this.

Thank you Kandy. I was told that a nearly 2hr shower spent washing hair is impossible, so I appreciate not being alone in this.
Oh man! Whoever said that is insane and I'm guessing bald headed. It's very possible especially if you wash your hair in steps. Some people just get in and get out.

shit, I wish wash day cld be quick af. do u know how much less back ache I wld have? lmao

Back