Welcome To aBlackWeb

Naturals: How long does wash day take?

How long does washing your hair take you?

• Total voters
@Kandy, can you please clarify:

that 4 hrs, are they spent in the shower?

I ask because I do my clarifying shampoo, conditioner, detangling, final conditioner, while in the shower.

do you do your wash day steps (from shampoo to final rinse) within the shower?

and @Judge_Judah, if you had to estimate how long your wife takes in the shower on wash day, how long would you say?

I don't spend four hours in the shower. The whole washday routine is four hours long.

I'll spend 1.5 in the shower at the most. Which is basically washing, detangling some more, conditioning, moisturizing, and adding gel(if I'm doing a wash and go). If I'm doing a deep condition I get out and sit for a few hours and get back in the shower and start adding moisture like oils and stuff.

Out of the shower, I pre-poo and detangle that takes an hour.

Shower routine.

Then when I'm out the shower, I twist my hair which could take an hour or stretch my hair and let it air dry.

see, I think it must be different for loc'ed naturals.

@Judge_Judah 's wife doesn't have locs (I think), Kandy doesn't have locs and I don't have locs and it takes all 3 of us lot of time.

@LadyDu and @King Du, how long does it take lady du?
:smh:
All................
Fucking.....................
Day.............................

Ok. So I guess I own this thread. It takes forever to wash my hair. About an hour or more. I have to wash it in sections. I hate doing it myself and my wife claims she gets tired when she does it.

I rock my full fro so it's easy for me. Wash, rinse, repeat, condition, moisturize, and let it air dry. I detangle with my hands before washing. Usually takes me about 30 minutes to an hour from start to finish.

2/3 hours.
I pre-condition, detangle, and twist the night prior.
The day of, I wash, comb out, blow dry and twist it up.

When I'm lazy about 1 1/2 to 2 hours

1. Apple Cider Rinse/scalp massage 15 mins
2. Shampoo/Massage scalp 15 mins
3. Condition/heat cap about 30 mins
4. Rinse
5. Oil & seal
6. twist/style

If im feeling fancy I do steps 1 & 2 then deep condition overnight with my diy conditioner. Then continue with steps 4 thru 6 in the morning.

beyonce-curls.gif

When I'm lazy about 1 1/2 to 2 hours

1. Apple Cider Rinse/scalp massage 15 mins
2. Shampoo/Massage scalp 15 mins
3. Condition/heat cap about 30 mins
4. Rinse
5. Oil & seal
6. twist/style

If im feeling fancy I do steps 1 & 2 then deep condition overnight with my diy conditioner. Then continue with steps 4 thru 6 in the morning.

beyonce-curls.gif

I tried ACV for the first time a few weeks ago and fell in love. My hair took very well to it.

I dread wash days and cowash days. Wash days are the longest obv bc of shampooing.

1. Shampoo twice.
2. Detangle with condtioner and rinse after 10-15 mins
3. Apply leave-in
4. Separate hair into 4 sections. Spray one section with coconut and argon oil water mixture.
5. Apply cream moisturizer and curl definer.
6. Detangle with fingers and brush from ends to roots.
7. Make about 3-4 two strand twists for each section.

Takes about 2 1/2 hrs at the most and 1 hr at the very least if its cowash.

Back