Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Nasir Album Thread

Rate "Nasir"

• Total voters
...ok as I was saying...I just got finished listening to Nas.

I mean its not bad. Nas came thru for real. The beats could've been better tho. But its Nas so he really hasn't been known for his beat selection. Not For Radio tho will get repeated in my car.

Waiting for Premo/Nas collabo album tho. One can hope

Nas is my favourite rapper of all time. I gave this album the whip test, headphone test, desktop and all that lol.

But I have to be honest, so with that being said, Nas did well on his end, but the overall sound and feel is average and is missing the "it" factor it seems.

But who knows if that is by design or if Kanye just missed the mark... but at the same time, Nas selected these beats and must have some kind of control one way or the other. So can't blame Kanye entirely.

Best tracks on the album:
Not for radio
Everything
Adam and Eve

Cool tracks:
Cops shot the kid
Simple things

I don't really like the other two.

Maybe time will tell... *Kanye shrug*

Oh shit!!!!!!!

tumblr_pafz7bApL81qze4tso1_540.png

I bet Push won't jump out the window and drop that Jay diss track....

Never sold a record for the beat, it's my verses they purchase
Without production I'm worthless
But I'm more than the surface
Want me to sound like every song on the Top 40
I'm not for you, you not for me, you bore me
I drop lines prestigious schools read to their students
Look at my album plaques, somebody agrees with the music

I don't want to be too harsh on this Nas album. Nas is spitting, the production as a whole is not awful, but not great. Something just seems off about the album. Almost like Nas don't fit many of the beats. I don't dislike any of the tracks. But I don't think ima be bumping this shit too much. Nas should put out that album he allegedly had done on his own label. I guess what I'm saying is. Nas needs to be given beats that fit him, bc he has proven to not have the best ear for beats. Rick Ross should A&R one of Nas's albums

Now wit that said....I’m fucking tired of these confusing ass albums yo...it’s taking too long for me to decide if they’re good or not...I remember when you could let an album ride and off 1st listen you KNEW if tha shit was a banger...

Yeah I agree with this, normally with an album solely produced by one person gives a cohesion and which I also think normally produces more classic albums (i hate it when there are 20 different producers on an album) but yeah an album with one producer should be easy to get an understanding whether its dope or not, sounds like this isnt!!! Im bout to give the album a listen through now...

Last edited:
Just listening now...

Not For Radio: Nas's flow is butter, especially the first verse and he is dropping gems not glitz and glamour raps...

Cops Shot The Kid: Great beat, I wanna play this at full volume... And once again Nas is addressing the currently political climate and it sounds like the PRE KARDSHIAN Kanye is rapping on the track too which is dope, talking about the police doing the drive by etc cant believe I actually rate a Ye verse in the late 00's...

White Label: Not sure this beat matches the lyrics, lyrics are dope but imo doesnt quite marry up with the rapping...

Bonjour: Thought it sounds kinda jumbled up, but that there are moments of greatness but not sure really if Im gonna replay over again and again...

Everything: Has an artsy feel to it which is not something I would usually like, but I think its real dope and Nas went in crazy on it, and showing everyone why he is a GOAT... Thought he rode the beat great, again especially the first verse... Also, is Ye actually saying he regrets being 'Kanye Kardashian'??? 'If I changed anything, I mean anything, I would change everything'???

Adam and Eve: Love the beat as its kinda different, but the quality sounds kinda off on my version??? After first listen it doesnt really have as much substance as other tracks, I kinda get what Nas is trying to do though, but I also I think Nas is kinda chasing the beat at times, although I like the line (how I interpret it) 'what came first peace/piece (firearm) or the paper, before I had a piece of paper, peace was in my favour'...

Simple Things: I like the beat and sample, sounds deliberately distorted, had a great quotable with the 'Never sold a record for the beat....' but the track sounds kinda like a throwaway-random verse which along with 'Adam and Eve' throw the EP off the cohesiveness imo, plus it ends (both the song and ep) abruptly and randomly... Like theres no 20 second or whatever it outro of music or talking to 'warm down' and finish the EP off, it just ends...

Overall I like the EP, and think worth copping just for the moments of dope Nas verses/gems and some older sounding Kanye beats... But sadly not quite as dope as I was hoping... But still, I like it...

Last edited:
Copped it finally yesterday.

That shit GO.

White Label is underrated.
Everything is more about Ye than Nas and that shouldn’t be.

Last edited:
Back