Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Nasir Album Thread

Rate "Nasir"

• Total voters
Hahaha Pete Rock said "heard the new Nas it's cool produced by Kanye". No bigger Nas Stan than Pete Rock and he's said it's cool hahaha.

Ironically after driving around letting it play the album is good.

I’m refusing to listen to YT stream but in the UK. ITS 16:11. I been at my desk since 6:30 this morning refreshing my Apple Music like a dickhead.

I’m frustrated now.

And I know where I'm going to...

I'm looking in longevity's eyes
I play with infinity's mind, forever's my guy
My pedigree's above you ass, you'll never see I
I love my past, but see, where I'm going I get to fly
Never sold a record for the beat, it's my verses they purchase
Without production, I'm worthless, but I'm more than the surface
Want me to sound like every song on the Top 40
I'm not for you, you not for me, you bore me
I drop lines prestigious schools read to their students
Look at my album plaques, somebody agrees with the music..

From the song 'Simple Things' on the album... Nas be prophetic reading some of our minds as regards his music.. LOL

I loved it... Of course with NaS it's what he spitting on wax that matter... Beats are very much secondary

Still pro Black as always mentioning the recent incident concerning Starbucks and two Black men...

My highlight from the album is 'Everything'... Tough as fuck

4/5

Say what you want about Kanye but that nigga a revolutionary when it comes to entertainment .. He owns this summer in Hiphop and to think just a couple weeks ago he was crucified for comments made on the Black experience in America

NASIR > DAYTONA > Kids See Ghost > Ye

Def not what i expected when i heard Ye would be producing it. Something is missing, I dunno what it is but its not grabbing me.. Def not trash. Its just "cool" though. Nas talking that talk as expected. Flow off beat and choppy some though. With only 7 songs you can't really afford many misses. 3/5 rating

I think it's dope

Mayne because I'm not a big fan of Nas' discography and this sounds nothin' like his usual shit

Lyrically I dunno I don't think I've heard anything amazin' after first listen

"cops" "bonjour" and "simple things" are fire. The other 4 songs?
jack-black-kick-baxter-anchorman.gif

Back