Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Magic 2

grimace-clint-eastwood.gif

After sitting on it over the weekend 3 things are certain for me;

1) This is the weakest album of the series

2) It's 100% on HB and his production. He fatigued

3) Bokeem Woodbine is a top 10 song in the run

To each their own but I think it is too damn early to be ranking the album as the best or worst out of the series. Shit has only been over 72hrs lol.

I remembered listening to Lupe's The Cool when it leaked and after 1-2 listens of the entire album, I placed it over Food & Liquor. Ask me that today and it isn't even touching Food & Liquor to me, not one bit.

Let time take its course.

Album will sell around 15-20k all the albums with Hit boy being dropped on his own album. It corresponds to 60-70k when you are signed to a major

This sounds like a magic album…

Nothing like anything on any of the kings disease albums… This shit hit different!

Last week I went back to KD3 and it sounds better than KD1 and KD2- (my opinion)… The production sound crisp and Nas is Nas-ing on that album…

Nas talking his shit on Magic 2 and flexing different rhyme patterns… Sounds like he’s comfortable and having fun!

In my own ranking KD3 is the best out of the NaS/Hitboy collabo albums

MFs always worried about another man's record sales like they get royalties off them shits ...

"Oh he's not relevant because he sold ______ units ..."

Pathetic
It was even pathetic back then when the numbers were valid. It was WACK to judge an artist back when individual units were sold, but its RETARDED to judge during the streaming era. The numbers are skewed because of technology. Times have changed

Back