Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - Magic 2

Record sales used to matter what 20-25 years ago....now? Not so much

On topic. The album has grown on me. Black Magic is still wack but everything else is 🔥🔥🔥🔥 production and lyrics wise

These are good times and I didn't think Nas would be on this run 5 years ago when Nasir dropped.

I remember it like yesterday in that it wasn't even the best rap album to release that day June 15, 2018. Jay Rock Redemption>>>>Nasir

Record sales used to matter what 20-25 years ago....now? Not so much

On topic. The album has grown on me. Black Magic is still wack but everything else is 🔥🔥🔥🔥 production and lyrics wise

These are good times and I didn't think Nas would be on this run 5 years ago when Nasir dropped.

I remember it like yesterday in that it wasn't even the best rap album to release that day June 15, 2018. Jay Rock Redemption>>>>Nasir
I think this new area benefit Nas more tbh. He streams like 20 million each month which means everything he dropped in the past shippin numbers montly. Also now when he own his label this is super profit.

So if anything Nas does not give a flying fuck bout those week sales, it just boost his streaming numbers and popularity which makes him more money

I think this new area benefit Nas more tbh. He streams like 20 million each month which means everything he dropped in the past shippin numbers montly. Also now when he own his label this is super profit.

So if anything Nas does not give a flying fuck bout those week sales, it just boost his streaming numbers and popularity which makes him more money
Boy that's a great point... who gives a fuck this album sales that album sales, it's all about streaming numbers. Magic 2 drops and the last 4 Hit Boy albums start streaming all over again with it

First listen tonight while I was working out

Hitboy channelled his 'Salaam Remi' groove on this jawn ... Beats were sparse as hell

Esco still Esco with the bars... Effortless

Favourites were:

- Motion (channelling his WU influences on the bars, probably touring with the WU has shaped his new music somewhat)
- Office Hours (I liked 50's bars and his aggressive tone one the joint, shouting out Jungle was funny)
- Bokeem Woodbine (very alternative quirky type production)
- Slow It Down ...

I'll have to run it again to get a better grasp

3/5

Also I personally think the KD projects and Magic ones are different in their approach musically

The former towards a broader audience or listeners and the latter having an EP feel similar to the Lost Tapes albums ... These ones are for the old heads who been fans for long

I've had a chance to listen to this album a few times now and Nas is on a tear like a hurricane causing havoc. I wasn't a fan of this when I first heard it but this is a solid project from Nas. Some of the production from Hit-Boy could have been better though. Magic >>> Magic 2 imo, and Magic 2 could have went without the features from 21 Savage and 50.

Favorites:

Black Magic
Abracadabra
Bokeem Woodbine
Slow It Down
Motion

Last edited:
I've had a chance to listen to this album a few times now and Nas is on a tear like a hurricane causing havoc. I wasn't a fan of this when I first heard it but this is a solid project from Nas. Some of the production from Hit-Boy could have been better though. Magic >>> Magic 2 imo, and Magic 2 could have went without the features from 21 Savage and 50.

Favorites:

Black Magic
Abracadabra
Bokeem Woodbine
Slow It Down
Motion
The 21 Savage track was just a bonus track from the misunderstanding that they had when KD3 came out

They way nas was baring these beats up I don't get what's not to like about this album. Beats are more consistent than hiphop is dead, Nastradamus, Nasir, untitled and SD.
The hate I'm reading about magic 2 is crazy.

Side note tho, I wouldn't mind hearing Wayne swap out 50 on office hours. He been Aight in my book last few verses.

Back