Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW NAS - Lost Tapes 2

Rate: Lost Tapes 2

• Total voters
Yeah I agree that interview was weak

Even if was if was supposed to be about the album they barley talked about

Choke usually on some clown shit but everything he said about that interview was facts

I agree.....they didn't get talk about the album enough but DC always walked they guest thru the years, starting with the first album

Which to me make the interview too short and just good. They could have spent this hour just talking about Illmatic alone.

And another on IWW, I Am....so on and so forth.

This was a good chopping up session and intro to the Mass Appeal deal.

Nah u can change it back.

Just scroll to the bottom of the screen and click “nexus” then click “ablackweb (dark child)

About that single.

Already had this argument out with a friend IRL. I always loved it when Nas did weird experimental shit like Who Killed It or Shoot Em Up. Al Jarreau killed the horns and Nas chopped the shit outta this beat. I like that they aimed for speed jazz instead of some slow bebop. IDGAF what anyone says, I fucks with it.

That said......all you Esco stans need to get out your damn feelings about Budden doing his job as a pundit and giving a muhfuckin opinion on ONE song. Fuck outta here with these hurt feeling "Budden can't spit" hot takes. "Nas worst albums better than Budden best"? Nastradamus or Nasir over Mood Muzik 2?? Nigga please. "I can rap better than Joe, check my soundcloud"? NIGGA PLEEEEEASE LMAO FOH.

Nas is the greater MC with a legacy that's only rivaled by MAYBE like 4 other people in the culture's entire history. Duh. Joe would tell you as much. That's why the podcast immediately went to other Nas songs they loved.....ain't no disrespect, relax.

If you're unaware of how good Budden is at punchlines, wax battles, blood-as-ink deep personal shit, and storytelling tho.....that's your goddamn loss as a hip-hop fan. Budden is probably the only rapper to repeatedly do 8, 10, 15+ minute original songs with no hooks that feels like a easy to digest 3 min track instead of a viewing of Godfather part 2.

Anyway I feel like LT2 is at worst a 8/10 album. All the legends behind the boards (except Koonye sunken place ass) brought their A-game. Toomp beat was a pleasant surprise. Pete Rock is Yoda.
View attachment tttn.mp4

When you think about how Roca fella moved it's really not hard to believe they on fuck shit. Niggas had mad internal problems lol. Used state prop, betrayed beans, never believed in kanye, cam n Jay beefed, dame n Jay beef, not knowing how to market anybody not named Jay etc.

So yes, I'm prone to believe somebody who was actively there and filming everything, including the infamous last days of the roc series instead of Avi's who wasnt outside.

I think they afraid if they go too in depth he gonna dip and not return

He already a recluse and now he in position to pick and choose who he gives exclusives to
Lol at niggas afraid he gon up and leave. That's why I could respect a charlamagne

Back