Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - King's Disease

King's Disease:

Results are only viewable after voting.
This album is top 5 in his catalog and it gets better w/ each listen. LIG was dope, but it had too many skippables to make the cut.

1.) Illmatic
2.) IWW
3.) StillMatic
4.) Lost Tapes
5.) King's Disease

Which part do you think isn't fair
I'm agreeing that you gave it a fair assessment for you. Shit dont slap like you want it to

Ya low expectation of Nas is well documented. It's on par with how you feel about other albums he has dropped in the past.

At first I gave it a 4 then after listening to it multiple times I gave a 4.5 BUT knowing that 27 Summers and King's Disease is less than 2min I might drop it back down to a 4.

27 Summers my shit and have a nigga hype only to be pissed off because it's so short so I'm petty enough to take a point away
Coincidentally, the lack of more verses on 27 summers, Definition, and Blue Benz keeps it from a full 5 for me

Hell, 3 full 27 Summers verses would be good enough for me

I cant give the album a 5 because its not as good as Nas' 5 mic albums. Theres a standard there. Illmatic, it was written, and stillmatic are 5 mics and this album isnt on that level.

But its on the level of his 4.5 albums.

I never expected Nas to drop another 4.5 album at this point. Going forward I expected decent albums with a few standout tracks. Nas just aint been sounding inspired last few years so this is a pleasent surprise to me.

Peace King!...

tenor.gif
Roll credits:tuh:

Like MC Shan and Marley, I be on some Bridge shit....

I could be wrong but Nas has shouted out Shan and Marley on every project since LIG

Back