Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Nas - King’s Disease III

Rate King's Disease III

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bout to cop the tix for the Nas show at the Garden, fuck this.

My favorite 5 atm

Legit
Recession Proof
First Time
One a Man, Twice Child
Til My Last Breath

Legit has really grown on me. I think it's how that mf was yellin/singin; then that piano comes in. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Once a man, Twice a Child is like a mixer of Full Circle and Moments with a hint of Wave God's beat.

I let Nas down...

I forgot this shit dropped. If it wasn't for this post I wouldn't have known

View attachment 959570
This deadass the hardest bars on the album to me

He a master at his craft and I love that Brady comparison going around. Rapping for the love of it. Still competitive. Vying for that top spot.

And that 'laughing' at the end.....icing on the cake🤌🏿🤌🏿

See the source image

Anyone that ever wrote knows writing is tough as fuck. Thats why rappers typically dont last after 2 albums or 5 years.

Mfers just run out of shit to write about.

Thats what makes rap different from other genres. Or atleast thats whats supposed to make rap different. Singers can go into a session with 15 writers and together write 8 bars and thats a song. Or, they can just have someone write the song altogether. And that would be cool.

But in rap, not only do you have to write, but every song need to be an average of 48 lines, and a hook. That shit is tough.

I dont think Nas will ever get the full credit he deserves. This has to eventually be studied by academics years from now.

How can a person have written 18 albums worth of materials, a bunch of freestyles and a ton of features and 30 years later hes writing his best shit.

Thats unheard of in Hip Hop, but also unheard of in writing period.

Nas needs to go down in history as the best writer of this generation, no bull shit.

Anyone that ever wrote knows writing is tough as fuck. Thats why rappers typically dont last after 2 albums or 5 years.

Thats what makes rap different from other genres. Or atleast thats whats supposed to make rap different. Singers can go into a session with 15 writers and together write 8 bars and thats a song. Or, they can just have someone write the song altogether. And that would be cool.

But in rap, not only do you have to write, but every song need to be an average of 48 lines, and a hook. That shit is tough.

I dont think Nas will ever get the full credit he deserves. This has to eventually be studied by academics years from now.

How can a person have written 18 albums worth of materials, a bunch of freestyles and a ton of features and 30 years later hes writing his best shit.

Nas needs to go down in history as the best writer of this generation, no bull shit.
Dude is just different. He's been called the new blood of hip-hop, to King of NY, to getting clowned for bad beat selection, boring, poet, GOAT, too laid back for 30yrs. Yet he just dropped a damn near perfect album at almost 50yrs old with a producer who's half his age.

If you don't think Nas isn't the best at this rap shit nowadays I don't know what else you tell you. He's seen it all don't it all failed came back and won all while being in a genre of music where of you're not the hot new nigga you're a clown to fans. Bruh is a damn legend.

And talking about he stil may drop another album with one of, well by all accounts THEE greatest hip hop producer of time….

:clawd2:

I don't think it's as hard when you're inspired, but I definitely get what you're saying. The high quality, adaptive, inspirational writing over 30 years is something that needs to be properly celebrated. He should've BEEN gotten that pulitzer.

Back