Welcome To aBlackWeb

Name a old school rapper that kids today probably never heard of

hey it’s the equivalent of wondering if kids in the year 2001 knew about grandmaster Flash

iu

When you put it like that.....

Nah man that nigga stole his name from a dude from the 90s. I doubt many people even know who the nigga is still tho cause this might of been his only hit?

and i aint even sure if it was a hit.. but it used to come on all the time when i was like 5 or 6 and it was my shit.. I remember I used to love the video cause they heads looked long as shit for some reason

Ditty was legit a hit. It was gettin spins all over the country. To bad that was it for dude.

damn bruh. OC's joints been posted up here a number of times. One of 'em got all the way to the semi-final round for best of that year.

All them cats had joints that got some spins in the 90's.

To be fair, there's probably alot of people from the 60s that had hits that we've never heard of.

Also, this guy right here:

Scott-Caan.jpg

Scott Caan.

And he can still spit (he's the last one on the track)

Last edited:
damn bruh. OC's joints been posted up here a number of times. One of 'em got all the way to the semi-final round for best of that year.

All them cats had joints that got some spins in the 90's.

i was born in 87 if it wasn’t something my sister listened too Abd it wasn’t on in my era I’m not gonna know. They got any videos?

i was born in 87 if it wasn’t something my sister listened too Abd it wasn’t on in my era I’m not gonna know. They got any videos?

O.C was in a crew called DITC (Diggin In The Crates). His most popular and most memorable song is Time's Up. People say his first album was a "classic" and compare him to Nas/Illmatic because they came out around the same time and both had that East Coast Boom Bap sound. It wasn't what Dre and Snoop were doing in California, and it certainly wasn't what Puff Daddy and Ma$e were doing in NYC.

Here are his most memorable performances imo

1. Time's Up
2. Dangerous (feat Big L)
3. Day One - DITC
4. Thick - DITC
5. Far From Yours feat Yvette Michelle

I mean, O.C. "kept it real". He didn't sell out and rapped over Boom Bap beats. I think he was bigger in Europe than he was in America. As I understand it, people in Europe liked the "keep it real" New York Boom Bap sound and they didn't care for Puffy, Snoop or Master P.

I mean, O.C. "kept it real". He didn't sell out and rapped over Boom Bap beats. I think he was bigger in Europe than he was in America. As I understand it, people in Europe liked the "keep it real" New York Boom Bap sound and they didn't care for Puffy, Snoop or Master P.

O.C was defo popular over here in the hip hop scene in the early to mid 00's (as is/was most underground east coast hip hop)...

Alot of artists like Masta Ace, O.C, G Rap, Jedi Mind Tricks, R.A, Talib etc make a fortune touring Europe and Asia, pretty sure they make 100x more than they make in USA...

O.C was defo popular over here in the hip hop scene in the early to mid 00's (as is/was most underground east coast hip hop)...

Alot of artists like Masta Ace, O.C, G Rap, Jedi Mind Tricks, R.A, Talib etc make a fortune touring Europe and Asia, pretty sure they make 100x more than they make in USA...

I remember back around '98 telling this to a local group. Dudes fell through by the crib 'cause they knew one of my roommates and we all got to choppin it up and I told 'em that they don't need to focus so much on being accepted here in the States and to do them 'cause Europe and Asia appreciates the real shit more so than here.

Back