Welcome To aBlackWeb

Music Confessions

I thought Tupac was crazy and full of conspiracy theories until I sat down and listened to his albums in my mid 20s. I was also introduced to GoGo music around that time. Being exposed to more than just southern artists and sounds made me wanna explore more outside of that region. I started to become more conscious and aware of lyrics in a song and more attracted to those that told real stories.

If a song didn't have a nice beat, I wouldn't listen to it. The beat is what attracts me at first when listening to song, but Im way more open minded than I was a decade ago.

Sorry fam, won't take any point in ur debate serious being that u just heard LAD 2 hrs ago and It was Written 2 weeks ago. Do more research, study the art, then we can talk my nigga.

WTF does this have to do with anything?

so i had to have listened to an album almost 20 years ago (when i was 14) to appreciate it to engage in conversation as an adult?

bars are bars and transcend time. what is you saying?

thats like saying somebody like Josh cant appreciate Prodigy today b/c he didnt listen to "infamous" when it came out, probably before he was even born

WTF does this have to do with anything?

so i had to have listened to an album almost 20 years ago (when i was 14) to appreciate it to engage in conversation as an adult?

bars are bars and transcend time. what is you saying?

thats like saying somebody like Josh cant appreciate Prodigy today b/c he didnt listen to "infamous" when it came out, probably before he was even born

That's like a nigga wanting to debate ball and just learned who jordan was 10 mins ago, nigga no! I'm not doing that to myself or you lol

That's like a nigga wanting to debate ball and just learned who jordan was 10 mins ago, nigga no! I'm not doing that to myself or you lol

thats not the same

you usually pretty good with analogies, but this one is a bad one

you acted like i said i was gon debate you this afternoon or something

c'mon brah

thats not the same

you usually pretty good with analogies, but this one is a bad one

you acted like i said i was gon debate you this afternoon or something

c'mon brah

lol I'm just fuckin with u, we can debate this when you're ready fam. I'm just hoping you've done your due diligence and dissected both projects. I know pretty much every word to both albums.

also, then whats the point of doing album reviews only after a week or so after they've been released if by your point, you should give albums time in order to give a respectable opinion about it

lol I'm just fuckin with u, we can debate this when you're ready fam. I'm just hoping you've done your due diligence and dissected both projects. I know pretty much every word to both albums.

negus...ugh

but i aint gon lie, its gon be a chore for me to get through AEOM w/o skipping. I've tried a few times and i struggle with this album. But in order to have a good debate, i will do my best to listen through with no skips

The Pac disrespect on here is crazy lol

Funny shit is , every podcast/interview I've been watching they've all called Pac the Goat, even Vince Staples on Everyday Struggle yesterday.

The Pac disrespect on here is crazy lol

Funny shit is , every podcast/interview I've been watching they've all called Pac the Goat, even Vince Staples on Everyday Struggle yesterday.
Well he from the West coast

I wouldn't expect anything different

My opinion isn't that he wasn't a great talent though

Some of yall may be too young to know about The Jukebox, but that channel also exposed me to dif genres of music. My momma doesn't know and doesn't wanna know Tom Petty, Alanis Morissette, and Limp Bizkit. Im not a fan of these ppl, but I liked a few songs by them.

Well he from the West coast

I wouldn't expect anything different

My opinion isn't that he wasn't a great talent though

Yall in here saying it's hard to listen to his albums, he only has one good album, etc lol blasphemous

I don't even like WC and putting them in the same category shows yo... just shut up nigga lol

Yall in here saying it's hard to listen to his albums, he only has one good album, etc lol blasphemous
To Blac point, his production hasn't aged well and isn't good enough to the point where his lyrics on certain songs transcend the beat

Thats just crazy to never heard a full Biggie album.

When i was a kid I started buying music at 10 years old. Would go to the store ever couple of weeks and buy a new cd with my allowance. My main source to discover music was tv at the time, so i had my favoite artists i would go buy an album from, then if someone on the album that was featured spit a verse i really liked I would look for one of their Cd's and buy that. Thats how i discovered Canibus, Bone Thugs, Goodie Mob, Scarface, and so many more. Eventually i learned to download music and I went and downloaded almost every album from an artist i knew of at least one song that was good. All the way back from 87-2004. I had like 20 days worth of music downloaded on to my computer and i listened to every album at least one time.

I still have the first gen 80 gb ipod that i stored all the music on as i dont have that computer anymore. The ipod doesnt work or play music unless i plug it into a computer and get on itunes and play it off of there haha.

To Blac point, his production hasn't aged well and isn't good enough to the point where his lyrics on certain songs transcend the beat

Never heard people complain about Pac production lol but ok

Back