Welcome To aBlackWeb

Music Confessions

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
thought this would be a good way to spark some music convo

the idea is to confess something about music (any genre) in an effort to possibly get put onto new music or even help others get put onto new music

or just share a story about a preconceived notion you had about an album/artist and what you thought of when you finally gave them a chance...OR, why you wouldnt give an artist/album a chance

Since i started the thread, i'll go first

I'll confess that i've never listened to a Notorious BIG album outside of singles.

However, i listen to this podcast called Black opinions matter monday (BOMM) and they were talking about Tupac and biggie and whatnot and i was like, let me finally give this a try.

I picked "life after death". Now i will say that my southern roots had be extremely biased when this first dropped as i didnt care for neither the east or the west coast during this beef that was going on. I liked a song from either side here and there, but never gave albums a listen. Cash money, No limit, Suave House, etc...was all i knew at that time so i know i missed a lot out on a lot of stuff during that period.

As i've gotten older, my tastes have diversified and i've listened to a ton of music from my teen/young adult years that i previously passed on.

Started listening to Life After Death and I know its a double disc, but Google Play just has it as 24 tracks or something so i guess i can assume the split is 12/12. Just finished "disc 1" and man...this shit go!!

Gone post up more impressions once i finish but anywho...what ya'll wanna confess

I hate damn near everything southern when it comes to rap. That region damn near single handedly tried to destroy the genre with ignorant shit.

Last edited:
I hate damn new everything southern when it comes to rap. That region damn near single handedly tried to destroy the genre with ignorant shit.

He is somewhat right you know. I am from the South and most of this new music is garbage.

Put us on some new good Southern artists post-2010.

or just share a story about a preconceived notion you had about an album/artist and what you thought of when you finally gave them a chance...OR, why you wouldnt give an artist/album a chance

I dont give new artists or albums a chance if they are on that autotune shit or piggybacking on the migos/future flow.

Too many clones right now.

Also never gave Young Thug a chance because he is too gay.

This fool prolly heard Laffy Taffy and thought thats all they make in the south

SMH

And he reppin Chicago like Chief Keef and them drill rappers are something other than ignorant

FOH

Them drill niggas are trash too, they might as well be southern they all make wack musc.

im telling ya'll, dont try and go back and forth with chi about this

@AP21 Ready to Die >> Life After Death

Biggie only had 2 albums u should have started in chronological order

yea i hear ya

i only started with LAD b/c of the pod i was listening to and they were quoting bars from that album

I tell you one thing, through the first disc, i can only find one skippable and thats debatable depending on the day of the week. I'ma give this another few listens then i'ma challenge @TheMasterKey to a battle of the double discs

LAD vs AEOM

yea i hear ya

i only started with LAD b/c of the pod i was listening to and they were quoting bars from that album

I tell you one thing, through the first disc, i can only find one skippable and thats debatable depending on the day of the week. I'ma give this another few listens then i'ma challenge @TheMasterKey to a battle of the double discs

LAD vs AEOM

Sorry fam, won't take any point in ur debate serious being that u just heard LAD 2 hrs ago and It was Written 2 weeks ago. Do more research, study the art, then we can talk my nigga.

Back