Welcome To aBlackWeb

Multiple schools cancel basketball games against Spire Institute since LaMelo Ball's arrival

I clearly dont know enough about the shit so ima bow out.

I didnt know dude was already a 5 star prospect
wtf?

here my point about why his dad wont be validated...
his whole point was kids dont need an education to get to the nba and he will prove it. he didnt like what fact a coach said his kid cant hog the ball and fling up shots. so thats why he took his out of school because he couldnt bully the coach....his middle son went to ucla and got caught stealing...he was supposed to be suspended a year....lavar didnbt like thatr so he took him out of school too.
so the created the JBA as a way for kids to skip college and go to the nba....challanging the g league..lol
but heres the problem.....he took his kids out of school and tried to make a way for them to go to the nba without college....but now hes back to square one by putting his kid back in school and hoping hes picked by a college recruit for at least a 1and done path.

so he wont be validated even if his kid goes to college and gets drafted...because hes just following the route he should have too in the first place if it wasnt for his ego.

wtf?

here my point about why his dad wont be validated...
his whole point was kids dont need an education to get to the nba and he will prove it. he didnt like what fact a coach said his kid cant hog the ball and fling up shots. so thats why he took his out of school because he couldnt bully the coach....his middle son went to ucla and got caught stealing...he was supposed to be suspended a year....lavar didnbt like thatr so he took him out of school too.
so the created the JBA as a way for kids to skip college and go to the nba....challanging the g league..lol
but heres the problem.....he took his kids out of school and tried to make a way for them to go to the nba without college....but now hes back to square one by putting his kid back in school and hoping hes picked by a college recruit for at least a 1and done path.

so he wont be validated even if his kid goes to college and gets drafted...because hes just following the route he should have too in the first place if it wasnt for his ego.

So you don't believe that what the Balls did had any impact on the G League now offering top HS prospects 125K contracts in lieu of going to college for a year? Which will begin next year. So there is a chance that Melo ends up in the G League, getting paid, next season.

As far as Melo himself, his game seems to have matured. Less DTM moments from what I've seen.

But if the endgame is his boys get drafted then if melo gets drafted then...
see now yall moving the goal post.

if the end result was to get them drafted.....if they was already looked at that way.....then what he was doing was for his own ego.
he in no way helped with his european journey and padded stats.

see now yall moving the goal post.

if the end result was to get them drafted.....if they was already looked at that way.....then what he was doing was for his own ego.
he in no way helped with his european journey and padded stats.

What do you mean, "if"? That's been the stated goal since this kid was 13. Lavar decided to prove that there was more than one way to get his sons to the league. That mission failed with Gelo. We'll see how everything turns out with Melo.

So you don't believe that what the Balls did had any impact on the G League now offering top HS prospects 125K contracts in lieu of going to college for a year? Which will begin next year. So there is a chance that Melo ends up in the G League, getting paid, next season.

As far as Melo himself, his game seems to have matured. Less DTM moments from what I've seen.
i said this like two years ago....that this would happen to stop him..
a white person will spend two million to stop a black man from earning 1 million.
i always said the idea was good be execution was poor.
establish himself then talk that shit....

and if yall really want to get into it.....this was all alan fosters idea...not lavars.
thats also why i said i will fall back on lavar.
and lets not get into the foul business practices they have....they did black businesses dirty.

What do you mean, "if"? That's been the stated goal since this kid was 13. Lavar decided to prove that there was more than one way to get his sons to the league. That mission failed with Gelo. We'll see how everything turns out with Melo.
but the path hes now taking is the one he was taking from the get go.....so

i said this like two years ago....that this would happen to stop him..
a white person will spend two million to stop a black man from earning 1 million.
i always said the idea was good be execution was poor.
establish himself then talk that shit....

and if yall really want to get into it.....this was all alan fosters idea...not lavars.
thats also why i said i will fall back on lavar.
and lets not get into the foul business practices they have....they did black businesses dirty.

So you admit that his move forced the G League move, which may turn out to benefit Melo, and yet you're still in hear focused on the negatives.

but the path hes now taking is the one he was taking from the get go.....so

So what is your point? Gelo was in college and screwed himself. Lavar pulls a power move and pulls Gelo from college and takes him and Melo overseas. Then brings them back to start up "his" own league. None of which worked out like he planned. But there were ramifications that will be felt beginning next year. Ramifications that may see his son making $125K while being in the NBA development league vs going to college for a year.

I'm failing to see the huge failure.

Didn't you start a thread basically getting on black folks for not striking out on their own and being owners instead of workers? Do you think every black person will be successful?

Lavar tried some huge moves that didn't work out for him and his sons quite the way he envisioned. I can't fault him for trying though. I was hoping he'd turn all this isht on its head.

Didn't you start a thread basically getting on black folks for not striking out on their own and being owners instead of workers? Do you think every black person will be successful?

Lavar tried some huge moves that didn't work out for him and his sons quite the way he envisioned. I can't fault him for trying though. I was hoping he'd turn all this isht on its head.
lol...bruh....the whole thing is he made his road harder than it had to be....

its not about going out on his own...so miss me with that.
what i saw is a man gambling with his kids future when his brand and his kids future could have been smooth for everyone.

thats what yall are missing.

why go at adidas and all them who are established and ask for a billion? on to have a back door deal with sketchers after his shoe idea was falling thru? he could have just swallowed his ego and did it so many other ways....not succeeding and making your job harder is two different things. another thing people are missing.
now think about all them kids who are out there now....that he left high and dry while he took his kid back to school. but the whole point was school wasnt needed.
do you know how many black kids looked up to this? do you have an idea the reach they had?

he could have turned it on its head...but again..he could not check his ego. he didnt know when to shut up.
you dont tell someone im coming for you when you not ready.
it was poorly planned and even more poorly executed.

so while maybe you and @Beta see me as hating...i said from day one...he should shut up and do his thing under the radar and once its ready...then talk the shit because he then can not be stopped. but dont allow someone to stop you before you get started. thats stupid.....

so again.....yall see hating and see a man blowing a chance.

he had the eye and ear of millions....and got carried away.
so see a black man go at it on his own....i will always applaud...but when you begin to create problems for yourself and use that as a narrative that they wont help you......bruh....how can you root for that?

So you admit that his move forced the G League move, which may turn out to benefit Melo, and yet you're still in hear focused on the negatives.
if you want to call it...he forced their hand/...fine
i call it he blew a chance to change the game

So what is your point? Gelo was in college and screwed himself. Lavar pulls a power move and pulls Gelo from college and takes him and Melo overseas. Then brings them back to start up "his" own league. None of which worked out like he planned. But there were ramifications that will be felt beginning next year. Ramifications that may see his son making $125K while being in the NBA development league vs going to college for a year.

I'm failing to see the huge failure.
there is a difference in a power move and throwing a tantrum and trying to prove you dont need someone.
was it power moves when he used to pull his players off the floor because he wasnt getting his way?

time , effort and planning.....

lol...bruh....the whole thing is he made his road harder than it had to be....

its not about going out on his own...so miss me with that.
what i saw is a man gambling with his kids future when his brand and his kids future could have been smooth for everyone.

thats what yall are missing.

why go at adidas and all them who are established and ask for a billion? on to have a back door deal with sketchers after his shoe idea was falling thru? he could have just swallowed his ego and did it so many other ways....not succeeding and making your job harder is two different things. another thing people are missing.
now think about all them kids who are out there now....that he left high and dry while he took his kid back to school. but the whole point was school wasnt needed.
do you know how many black kids looked up to this? do you have an idea the reach they had?

he could have turned it on its head...but again..he could not check his ego. he didnt know when to shut up.
you dont tell someone im coming for you when you not ready.
it was poorly planned and even more poorly executed.

so while maybe you and @Beta see me as hating...i said from day one...he should shut up and do his thing under the radar and once its ready...then talk the shit because he then can not be stopped. but dont allow someone to stop you before you get started. thats stupid.....

so again.....yall see hating and see a man blowing a chance.

he had the eye and ear of millions....and got carried away.
so see a black man go at it on his own....i will always applaud...but when you begin to create problems for yourself and use that as a narrative that they wont help you......bruh....how can you root for that?

So basically you wanted him to take the path that everyone else takes and not try to strike out on his own and change the way the game is played? That sounds contradictory to your whole stance in that other thread.

And yes, you are a hater. If it was simple criticism of moves you didn't like, you wouldn't dedicate multiple threads to the man. You've been hoping for his downfall since jump. A black man. I wonder why that is. Is it because he was boisterous and "niggerish"(as some have said)?

Every new idea is stupid until it's successful.

there is a difference in a power move and throwing a tantrum and trying to prove you dont need someone.
was it power moves when he used to pull his players off the floor because he wasnt getting his way?

time , effort and planning.....

This is how I know that, at best, you're disingenuous with your "care" for his kids. I pointed out, in the post that you quoted, that his moves may have put his son in position to make $125K in the G League next season and you just glossed over that like it's nothing.

You don't like the man and his moves for whatever reason. Don't pretend that it was ever out of concern for his kids though.

So basically you wanted him to take the path that everyone else takes and not try to strike out on his own and change the way the game is played? That sounds contradictory to your whole stance in that other thread.

And yes, you are a hater. If it was simple criticism of moves you didn't like, you wouldn't dedicate multiple threads to the man. You've been hoping for his downfall since jump. A black man. I wonder why that is. Is it because he was boisterous and "niggerish"(as some have said)?

Every new idea is stupid until it's successful.
he didnt have to take the path everyone took....he got to where he was doing something right...but once you see its in your hands dont drop it.

whats so hard to see about that?

if you want to say hater fine.......but if i said and saw this from the get go......welp i guess im still a hater.
i have also talked shit about bezos and musk...but i guess this is all you see.
also with alienating the demographic that makes the most financial decisions in homes.....but what do i know.

This is how I know that, at best, you're disingenuous with your "care" for his kids. I pointed out, in the post that you quoted, that his moves may have put his son in position to make $125K in the G League next season and you just glossed over that like it's nothing.

You don't like the man and his moves for whatever reason. Don't pretend that it was ever out of concern for his kids though.
why does it have to be about concern for his kids?
unlike you and a few others.......if i make a mistake and keep making mistakes....i would like for someone to tell me and/or stop me....not just allow me to fuck myself up.

Back