Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Multiple deaths at Travis Scott Astroworld Concert

Just saw a video of Linkin Park bringing the show to a halt when they saw someone in trouble, even went as far as to do a PSA of what the crown needs to do if someone is on the ground and waited until the situation was under control, even said they would do the whole set again if needed. They had the crowds complete attention.

Travis deserves the blame he gets. Niggas in here getting they feelings hurt cause people like @SneakDZA not understanding this type of (undeserved) wave for Travis Scott. I agree wit DZA and it wasn't a bad joke. Travis Scott aint worth none of this shit. If he got the power to promote the shit out of this show, he got the power to help when needed.

Just saw a video of Linkin Park bringing the show to a halt when they saw someone in trouble, even went as far as to do a PSA of what the crown needs to do if someone is on the ground and waited until the situation was under control, even said they would do the whole set again if needed. They had the crowds complete attention.

Travis deserves the blame he gets. Niggas in here getting they feelings hurt cause people like @SneakDZA not understanding this type of (undeserved) wave for Travis Scott. I agree wit DZA and it wasn't a bad joke. Travis Scott aint worth none of this shit. If he got the power to promote the shit out of this show, he got the power to help when needed.

Yea Travis has done it in the past too

3 yrs ago

I just place blame where it should be placed, the actual mf'ers who are out doing the wrong
He could have told those drones to start hopping on one leg and they all would have done it. Travis has a god complex and his fans eat that shit up. He saw those lights in the crowd, he could have easily told them to make a path for them to get through, he looked right at them and said nothing.

I don't think some people are realizing how much this can potentially change ALOT of shit moving forward.

This whole situation is just unfortunate and was a ticking time bomb.

tbh I am happy for a change. my friend and i went to see curren$y and her babyfather started getting lightheaded. (it was packed and smoked out) she went to go tell someone he needed water and the security person said water is for staff, when i say she snatched that shit clean off the table lmaooo

a lot of these venues are missing a humanitarian effort to help those who may fall ill, OD or cant breathe in the crowd

the sheer fact youre barricaded all around and can only leave by going thru the crowd is completely dangerous and a recipe for a diaster

surprised things like this hasnt happened sooner

Last edited:
This whole incident is also being made worse because people are sharing videos on social media of being at shows where the artists has stopped mid show to tell the crowd to help pick somebody up whose fallen and say "We're not about hurting people in the pit"...so those saying that there's nothing Travis Scott could've done from the stage once he was clearly aware that shit was escalating are fighting a losing battle with that one

Hence why I don't understand those defending Travis Scott like he has absolutely zero awareness of the crowd he's playing to or anything around him. Musicians stop their gigs if they see audiences struggling or in danger but he simply didn't bother. Anyone making out Travis Scott wasn't aware or couldn't do more are chatting shit.

Hence why I don't understand those defending Travis Scott like he has absolutely zero awareness of the crowd he's playing to or anything around him. Musicians stop their gigs if they see audiences struggling or in danger but he simply didn't bother. Anyone making out Travis Scott wasn't aware or couldn't do more are chatting shit.

It seems to me that the people who are "defending" Travis Scott are the same people who don't even really like Travis Scott.

C'mon. You didn't know what almost half his songs were about? And now we want him to be some moral leader?

If this is true why do event coordinators/promoters/producers keep working with this dude? With everything coming out this seemed to be an inevitable result from one of his concerts.

At the start of the thread I was solely blaming the crowd, but 16 pages in Race is right, there's blame to go around.

Yeah that's one of the videos I was referring to. Made the entire crowd chant "if someone falls down we help them get up" and there was no booing or animosity from the crowd. They cheered for it. There's also a video of Dave Grohol stopping a Foo Fighters show mid song to get the crowd under control going around.

This is why I said part of the blame on Travis' end is the established pattern of wild behavior. Fans know when they go to a show what type of crowd to expect...and those people know when they go to a Travis Scott show rules are non existent apparently so they behaved accordingly

Back