Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

TUBI HOOD MOVIE QUICK REVIEWS

FIRST and most Importantly the most consistently attractive women in these movies are : Cierra Smith,Shelby Leigh,Jayda Jones and last but not in any way least Mena Monroe

Ultimate Betrayal : not even sure if I can call this a movie because it was only an hour but it was highly entertaining with some great twists and funny dialog.

He Played Me : Starts slow but picks up and it was very entertaining Alphonso Settles was very funny in this as a guy juggling 2 wives and a girlfriend. The main character in the movie has absolutely no logic and reason to her but hopefully she will get some sense in He Played Me 2

Parental Discretion Advised: I was happy to see they actually put some money into this one. The moves some characters made were questionable to say the least but this was still an enjoyable watch.They try to tack on a message at the end but I felt it was kind of one sided when I think about what occurred in the movie .
Throught I was the only that knew about these tubi movies around since they are never mentioned here. If you looking for a real good one checking adam and eve and ear to ear just to name a couple.

Throught I was the only that knew about these tubi movies around since they are never mentioned here. If you looking for a real good one checking adam and eve and ear to ear just to name a couple.
Thanks for suggesting Ear To Ear the last 5 minutes bowled me over i couldnt stop laughing

Thanks for suggesting Ear To Ear the last 5 minutes bowled me over i couldnt stop laughing
Man tell me about it because through out the movie I was getting heated at the dumb ass decisions she was making. But at the end it all made sense and yea here hoping they make a part two of it. You think that's something wait until you watch adam and eve.

House Party 2023

Painful Party

PRAISE : This remake attempts to capture some of the same charm the original 1990 film has.
The story is basic as Kevin (Jacob Latimore) decides through throw a house party at LeBron James's mansion to get enough money for his daughters private school fees. His "friend" Damon (Tosin Cole) a slacker and then some is along for the ride . I laughed a few times. Andrew Santino was pretty funny in this and the movie could have used a lot more of him. Karen Obilom was a joy to watch. I really enjoyed some of the cameos. One was definitely pure fantasy but hey this is a movie right?

PROBLEMS: Ten minutes into the movie I started to wonder why and how Kevin and Damon are friends.
This was like watching a movie or TV series that has gone on to long and all of the original characters are long gone.
Characters and situations that are supposed to be funny just end being ultra obnoxious. For about ten to fifteen minutes the movie forgets its supposed to be about a house party.
Unfortunately the film is rated R for all the wrong reasons. This film doesn't even play up certain things to make it more charming when it kind of tries it comes off forced.
Watch this as background noise on a Sunday afternoon when there is nothing else to watch.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 3½

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzljM2U3Mjk3LWExNzgtNGE2NS05OTMxLWVlZmU1NzNlZWM5MS5qcGc=

Visceral and moving... One of the best war movies I've seen in ages ... It was also about WWI ... Germany as a country had two different outcomes in World Wars 1 and 2

5/5

MV5BNmNhMzI0NmQtMzU1OS00NzQzLTg0NzctZDJkODZlMjU3OTc5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

The 'Goodfellas' as cops ...

Scoresese's favourite go to actors this time not as mobstars but police officers and of course... Corrupt

Stallone's half deaf sheriff has to clean out his town of dirty cops

4/5

Bardo_2022_film_poster.png

From one of my favourite filmmakers (Inarritu - The Revenant) .. it's a story mirroring that of the director

It's not a film everyone will like or get but I dig it ... It's metaphysical in approach and abstract... Spoken in Spanish too as a Mexican production

Dope visuals too

4/5

You People

Partially Pleasing People

PRAISE: The cast definitely uplifts this movie about A new couple and their families reckon with modern love amid culture clashes, societal expectations and generational differences.
I really enjoyed parts of the story particularly about the subject matter it focuses on the clash between cultures and different religions in fact I wanted more of that. I've always found it interesting when people of different faiths and upbringings get together. How will it work? How religious are you? Where are your true boundaries? All of the aforementioned is spoken of in this movie. I even enjoyed the awkward,tone death moments the different characters found themselves in. I thought Jonah Hill and Lauren London had good chemistry which was a nice surprise and their courtship in the film definitely helped.
Eddie Murphy was good as a soon as you see him you know he's going to have a problem with the union between his daughter Amira (London) and Ezra (Hill) by the way he is first presented in the film as a man who chafes against change. As Ezra’s parents, Shelley (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) and Arnold (David Duchovny) did a good job.I did like the drop in moments from some actors and im ashamed to say i thought a couple of them had passed away. Half of the humor worked for me it was stinging and salty. I appreciated the film not going into full slapstick mode.

PROBLEMS: The script by Hill and Kenya Barris is definitely overdone at times and lacks tonal balance. Some things are touched on about race and being fascinated with black culture but veering off from fully understanding it and I wish the movie had explored that more but of course there is a rush to get to the movies ultra predictable ending. The cuts to the film are kind of off putting as if I was watching a sitcom and it's like hey the commercial break is over.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

im bored so im bout to check this bullshit out

Movie was pretty solid for what it was.
Standard Gerrard Butler joint. He low key doesn't miss but hasn't knocked nothing out the park since law abiding citizen.

Dude with the 50. was wrecking. That was cold. And homie getting away with the loot was hilarious.

Knock At the Cabin

Should I have answered?

PRAISE: I always feel M. Night Shyamalan lays down a good foundation for his stories that draw me in and hang on every word. This time the story is about a young girl and her parents are taken hostage by four armed strangers who demand they make an unthinkable choice to avert the apocalypse.
I enjoyed the performances and David Bautista was definitely the standout. Some of the visuals and close up shots definitely added to the intensity of the film. I also enjoyed the biblical themes in the film such as the world needing a perfect sacrifice. My interest was held enough as both groups try to convince each other about what's real. I definitely questioned myself about what kind of sacrifice I would make if I were in the situation like this.

PROBLEMS: The movie is definitely repetitive at times and feels one note.
I sat there hoping for something more intriguing and involving to happen the ending felt basic to me because really the way the story lines up there was only 2 places for it to go.I guess I was looking for something a bit more suspenseful.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Time Terrorist

PRAISE: This was the most hyped I have ever been to see an Ant Man movie . The story this time around with its inclusion of Kang grabbed my interest as Ant-Man and the Wasp find themselves exploring the Quantum Realm, interacting with strange new creatures and embarking on an adventure that pushes them beyond the limits of what they thought was possible.
I did enjoy portions of the story that included threads about Scott Lang/Ant Man (portrayed with the usual capableness of Paul Rudd ) getting lost in his own fame . The ripple effect of "The Blip" still being felt was a good thread inclusion. The loss of time to bond with family and missing out on specific life experiences.
The rest of the cast do well with their roles including:Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Kathryn Newton , Bill Murray did well with his screen time but Jonathan Majors is the standout as Kang. He portrays him in such a great way to establish him as one of the MCU's most sinister villains. I really enjoyed how he played on the feelings and needs of others to get what he wanted . What is done visually in this movie was outstanding. All of the colorful characters that inhabit the Quantum Realm were fun to watch.
It all had this Journey to the Center of The Earth vibe.
Praise to the movie for taking some pages right from comics featuring Kang and bringing them to life.
The Loki series opened the door to Kang but now he has truly entered the MCU stick around for the 2 after credits scenes .

PROBLEMS: The film does waste some time on some silliness. I can't believe they had characters using the same "trick up their sleeves ".Some lazy writing in certain spots in the movie.
One character I know some people were looking forward to seeing in the movie mainly came off as a forgettable joke to me. I laughed so hard at the cheesiness of the character as if he was a character from Pee Wee's Playhouse. I guess I was supposed to feel some type of empathy for the character in the end but I felt nothing. It really felt like filler. Side characters were really forgettable.
One turn I wish the movie would have stuck with was resolved to quickly. I guess Marvel doesn't want to commit to something they may not be able to wrap up.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Temporary Suspicion

Illogical and impossible

PRAISE: The only thing that made me keep watching this "movie" was trying to figure out how the main characters life was seemingly erased. Crystal the Doll was also a reason but they barely provided eye candy from her.

PROBLEMS: What an absolutely terrible revelation and resolution to this story.
I should have stopped watching as soon as the main character befriended some kooky and quirky lady and watched their odd interactions that followed. There is no way in the world that a person could put something together, involving so many people to lead up to the true answer to why the main characters life was altered. Plus the reason behind it was absolutely ILLOGICAL !!!!

Scale of 1 to 10 a 2

Infinity Pool

Infinitely Insane

PRAISE: Brandon Cronenberg is definitely following in his father's David Cronenbergs footsteps in this movie about a struggling writer and his wife on vacation who, after an accident, discover the country’s dark culture.It stars
two of my favorite actresses Mia Goth and Cleopatra Coleman so that definitely helped with my decision to watch this. I praise all of the other actors including: Alexander Skarsgård ,Jalil Lespert and Thomas Kretschmann for their commitment.
The living life for a few moments of wrecklessness and then some story thread appealed to me.I also enjoyed it's look at the dark side of human nature,and how much a person ican embrace it.
This definitely reminded me a bit of Midsommar,with its beautiful scenic visuals and insane moments coupled with dwelling gore and violence. If you are a fan of Goth like i am and want to see her go completely off the rails this movie is for you.
One reviewer commented that he hopes a scene between her and Skarsgård was completely unscripted and I have to say I agree. Ha. Ha ha !! I got so many uncomfortable laughs out of this.
It's funny how it's mentioned how the country in this film has to maintain its tourism but I said to myself a place like this would make me think twice about traveling.

PROBLEMS: At times the movie was to over the top so much so it took me out of the film a few times. Some scenes were definitely stomach churning.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Luther: The Fallen Sun

The Man in tweed is back !!

PRAISE: 4 years has been far to long to have DCI John Luther in the MIA column of pop culture.
But I'm glad he's back in action in Luther: The Fallen Sun. This time around A serial killer terrorizes London while disgraced detective John Luther(Idris Elba) sits behind bars. Haunted by his failure to capture the cyber psychopath who now taunts him, Luther decides to break out of prison to finish the job by any means necessary.
The cast including: Cynthia Erivo · Andy Serkis (Looking a bit like Joe Pesci did in JFK)David Robey Martin Schenk and Archie Woodward do a fantastic job.
Writer Neal cross has written another white knuckle ride perfectly weaving the dark web,and a diabolical and sadistic killer who plays on fear and shame to carry out horrible situations. The tension is raised to nearly overwhelming levels especially in a standout out scene that was harrowing and involving. One of the best I've seen in a thriller like this. Some of it reminded me of Ed Piksor's great Red Room graphic novels. Though I would have liked more of Luther dealing with his own past and pushing his pursuits of bad people to the limit there is enough here for it to be effective.

PROBLEMS : Some predictable turns and suspension of disbelief was pushed to the limit several times.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Back