Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

This was tough. A doozy of an ending. Male lead Algee Smith been doing his thing quietly the last few years and is building up a solid resume.

Chloe moretz grace held her own like she normally does.

Story besides the ending was predictable but it still hit for me.

them not explaining what happened to dude at the very end drops it down for me but I still fucked with the journey.

Can't miss on the one watch unless you a nigga like @AP2.0 who gonna hate this shit just off the strength of the leads being in an interracial relationship. 🤣 hating ass nigga.

Solid film. 6.6/10.

This was tough. A doozy of an ending. Male lead Algee Smith been doing his thing quietly the last few years and is building up a solid resume.

Chloe moretz grace held her own like she normally does.

Story besides the ending was predictable but it still hit for me.

them not explaining what happened to dude at the very end drops it down for me but I still fucked with the journey.

Can't miss on the one watch unless you a nigga like @AP2.0 who gonna hate this shit just off the strength of the leads being in an interracial relationship. 🤣 hating ass nigga.

Solid film. 6.6/10.

If you gave it a damn 6.6 and the interracial couple didn't factor into that, that means it's probably more of a 4.8 witcho love is blind looking ass

MV5BNTE4MzU5NTg1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDU0MTAwNQ@@._V1_.jpg

This joint gotta the most star-studded straight-to-DVD movie of all-time.

Shit was terrible tho.

Naked Singularity

Apocalypse Never !!

PRAISE: John Boyega is instantly likeable in this movie about
He's that everyman fighting for what he thinks is right that finds himself pulled in several directions
The rest of the cast is also highly likeable including : John Boyega as Casi · Olivia Cooke (cute as ever) as Lea · Bill Skarsgård as Dane · Ed Skrein as Craig · Linda Lavin as Cymbeline and Tim Blake Nelson as Angus Director and writer
Chase Palmer and David Matthews
combine different elements that really worked for the most part,and the tension and chemistry between the characters is great.
I actually felt for the characters and the goals they were trying to reach and there's enough suspense that made me wonder if they would actually reach their goals.

PROBLEMS: One added element to the film was a real head scratcher for me and it's this odd pre Apocalyptic atmosphere that included a countdown that never really fits or works. I kept wondering did they add this just to make the movie long enough so it could be sold as a film?
It just wasn't necessary in my opinion because it's a pretty good film without it.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

BEST OF 2021

KING RICHARD

SWAN SONG

No Time to Die

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Judas and the Black Messiah

The Last Duel

LAMB

The Suicide Squad (2021)

The Harder They Fall

Palmer

Bad Trip

********************************************************************************************************

WORST OF 2021

Deadly Illusions

RED NOTICE

INFINITE

Venom: Let There Be Carnage

The Voyeurs

Halloween Kills

Space Jam: A New Legacy

Saw shang-chi over the weekend. The visuals and fight scenes were dope. I like the reimagining of the mandarin. But im not that invested in the character shang-chi. I never read his comics. I didnt have any expectations going in. Movie was alright.

Also saw spiderman: far from home. That was dope. They did mysterio correctly. Really enjoyed this movie.

I thought this was gon be one of those fictional, Lifetimeish movies. Ain’t no way I’m gettin scammed by somebody who doesn’t pronounce the letter “h” in “hello”. Man this was wild 😂🤣.

Nightmare Alley

Alley of Angst

PRAISE: This 2021 version is definitely darker and more sinister than the 1947 Tyrone Power version.
The cast including: Bradley Cooper · Stanton Carlisle ; Cate Blanchett · Dr. Lilith Ritter ; Toni Collette · Zeena the Seer ; Willem Dafoe · Clem Hoatley & Richard Jenkins
are equally great.
There's a mysterious vibe to all of the characters and most of them are fleshed out well in this story about down-on-his-luck Stanton Carlisle endears himself to a clairvoyant and her mentalist husband at a traveling carnival. Using newly acquired knowledge, Carlisle crafts a golden ticket to success by swindling the elite and wealthy
It was interesting how some characters pushed what they were doing to the limit without any real morals or remorse.
The story is involving and haunting with visuals to match.
I really liked that this movie reminded me of a few episodes of Fargo

PROBLEMS : Some of the gory moments are over the top. I felt the 2 hour and 30 minute length of the movie a few times.
If additional information about a character had been provided the ultimate choice the character makes would have had more of an impact.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Moonfall

Moon Mumbo Jumbo

PRAISE: All of the usual Roland Emmerich disaster spectacle tropes are in place in this movie about a mysterious force knocking the moon from its orbit and sending it hurtling toward a collision course with Earth
The Estranged families, burn outs in life,easily dismissed disaster warnings..check,check and check.
There are some good action sequences coupled with some nice SFX. John Bradely is the only one that comes out on top in this, at least he was believable and funny. Some great unintentional laughs pop up here and there.

PROBLEMS: This flick is ultra predictable. I think this was the first time I could predict what was going to happen to the last seconds of a movie.
I laughed every time the wooden acting was coupled with some over the top dramatic music. The main theme of this movie was done better in the movie The Core.
A sinister situation in this flick was done better in the movie Greenland.
The stupidity of a character was used to set up and action sequence...just ridiculous

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4

Harriet was a really dope movie and they really captured her essence of 'Moses'

Loved all the songs they chose to incorporate throughout the film. Damn shame her sisters were unable to be saved

Back