Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Most Overrated Hiphop Projects Ever

There is no such thing as 'overrated'. The concept itself is flawed.

In reality 'overrated' means 'Most people think this is better than I think it is'.

I wouldn't say there's no such thing as overrated. I think it's just pretty hard to say what is overrated and what isn't, since there's really no objective way to rate albums.

That said, we've all seen examples of albums that were treated like the best thing ever when they were first released and then completely fall off the map a couple months after that release. I think albums lauded as being great but have no staying power can legit be labelled as overrated.

All Eyez On Me, that whole second CD is a waste of time compared to the first

I thought the same til maybe like a year ago me and one of my friends went track for track on AEOM and another album that escapes me at the moment. That 2nd cd has more heat than I initially remembered when you listen to them back to back

I thought the same til maybe like a year ago me and one of my friends went track for track on AEOM and another album that escapes me at the moment. That 2nd cd has more heat than I initially remembered when you listen to them back to back

Every single time a nigga tells me that they don’t like a universally loved album, I run down the track list and they end up liking 75% of the songs on the album.

Niggas don’t know what they be saying.

Yeah when I tell people the last Ye album I enjoyed was Graduation and a few tracks off MBDTF I get told I'm tripping. Yeezus was and will always be a garbage album that's a temper tantrum over the fashion industry rejecting him

Yeah I dont think Ive even really heard properly Yeezus tbh...

I remember being excited for 808s and being like mad disappointed, tons of voice effects and autotune etc and its been pretty much the same since...

Like I said theres been a few tunes and features Ive liked here and there but not a whole album Ive fckd with since Graduation...

Yeah I dont think Ive even really heard properly Yeezus tbh...

I remember being excited for 808s and being like mad disappointed, tons of voice effects and autotune etc and its been pretty much the same since...

Like I said theres been a few tunes and features Ive liked here and there but not a whole album Ive fckd with since Graduation...

I completely forgot about 808s. Yeah I wasn't fan of that album either. Folks was hyping up "Heartless" and I just didn't get the hype around it

Every single time a nigga tells me that they don’t like a universally loved album, I run down the track list and they end up liking 75% of the songs on the album.

Niggas don’t know what they be saying.
It's been over 20 years and disk 2 is still trash no matter how many listens I give it

Back