Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Most Overrated Hiphop Projects Ever

Dont believe cats really stand on the shyt they be listing, just want to troll...Whatever albums get high praise will be thrown out there just to get an reaction

1990-1993 is a tough era of hiphop for me to judge.

I never really been a fan of the Bomb Squad style of production and almost every rapper outside of Snoop/Dre and Tribe used that style of production.
Watch out man this a troll thread

But yeah I feel you

I can’t stand this album though

There is no such thing as 'overrated'. The concept itself is flawed.

In reality 'overrated' means 'Most people think this is better than I think it is'.

this/he was propelled by a masterfully produced marketing spectacle... thats the real "classic" here

remove that spectacle, and what you're left with is generic hip hop motifs and average at best rap ability
i remember when how to rob came out and i thought it was a cool song, then after he got shot then came back i heard some of the songs and thought he was ok, but nothing special

then all of a sudden eminem heard him and thought guess who’s back was the best thing he ever heard

and back then, and still today…i don’t really understand how or why eminem/dre thought he was going to be a huge star

obviously they were right, and i do like a lot of fifty cent/g-unit material…but he was going around saying “ppl ask who the best emcee 50, jay or nas “ and the whole city was acting like that was true…i never, and still don’t, understand how this happened

Back