Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Most Influential Person In This Picture?

Most Influential?

• Total voters
Jay been associated w some of the biggest artists/moments in hip hop

Rocafella tenure
Nas beef
Just blaze/kanye exposure
Beyonce

Sold how many records/arenas?

U guys asked like it was a checkmate question

Jay been associated w some of the biggest artists/moments in hip hop

Rocafella tenure
Nas beef
Just blaze/kanye exposure
Beyonce

Sold how many records/arenas?

U guys asked like it was a checkmate question

A lot of people have been associated with some of the biggest artists, so wtf are you saying lol. And did you really call, just blaze, kanye, rocafella & beyonce the biggest moments in hiphop?
The only valid thing on your list is his Nas beef, but that reinforces Nas's influence not Jay's. I dont recall 'takeover' being used as an adverb.

A lot of people have been associated with some of the biggest artists, so wtf are you saying lol. And did you really call, just blaze, kanye, rocafella & beyonce the biggest moments in hiphop?
The only valid thing on your list is his Nas beef, but that reinforces Nas's influence not Jay's. I dont recall 'takeover' being used as an adverb.
I said "biggest artists/moments"

U miss that somehow?

N as far as the associated artists i mentioned im not talkin about mfs he stood next to and danced with in videos writin checks for n not rhymes...im talkin about artists/producers he created classic content with or catalogues he vastly helped propel. He was the biggest integral part of kanye/just blaze getting stamped into hip hop classics.

Yea dame gave Ye that shot...but jay made that shit pop.

The fact that one of the biggest feuds in hip hop history ur writing off as one sided influence on nas part is obvious af ur only tryna see it one way.

That beef was good for both of em even tho nas went 1x plat n jay went 3x plat the previous albums going into their beefs i take no credit away from either...likewise jay was just as important for that beef to be as legendary as it was.

I said "biggest artists/moments"

U miss that somehow?

N as far as the associated artists i mentioned im not talkin about mfs he stood next to and danced with in videos writin checks for n not rhymes...im talkin about artists/producers he created classic content with or catalogues he vastly helped propel. He was the biggest integral part of kanye/just blaze getting stamped into hip hop classics.

Yea dame gave Ye that shot...but jay made that shit pop.

The fact that one of the biggest feuds in hip hop history ur writing off as one sided influence on nas part is obvious af ur only tryna see it one way.

That beef was good for both of em even tho nas went 1x plat n jay went 3x plat the previous albums going into their beefs i take no credit away from either...likewise jay was just as important for that beef to be as legendary as it was.
Damn, and silly me thought Kanye & Justblaze content was responsible for them having classics. Little did i know it was cuz Jay gave them classics. :|
Wtf does Nas going 1x plantinum and Jay going 3 times platnium before their beef have to do with anything? You're clearly bias af to even try and entertain the thought that no artist was hot unless Jay gave them the green light.
This shit is ridiculous.

Damn, and silly me thought Kanye & Justblaze content was responsible for them having classics. Little did i know it was cuz Jay gave them classics. :|
Wtf does Nas going 1x plantinum and Jay going 3 times platnium before their beef have to do with anything? You're clearly bias af to even try and entertain the thought that no artist was hot unless Jay gave them the green light.
This shit is ridiculous.
For the record nas is my fav rapper of all time, jay just in my top 5. Ive said it multiple times between here n IC.

I got nothin personal against diddy i think hes a legend

No bias at all. It was a toss up to me at first.

U misread all my shit tho.

The 1x/3x plat was to point out neither of em needed help from the beef they were both doing good before and after. U give the impression u think nas singlehandedly was more influential in the beef bc of an adverb. All i was sayin was if nas was battling memphis bleek no one would give a shit about an ether track.

U know how long kanye was making music before he signed with rocafella? When do u think he blew up?

How big was just blaze before jay z? How big after? When u think just blaze u automatically associate with jay z.

And i didnt say jay did anything for anyone. I said he created classic content with these ppl which vastly propelled their careers once they associated with each other and put together these projects. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
N with all this said diddy just making money moves and business ventures.

Jay is literally speaking to the people with every album...down to 4:44

Puffy is not touchin the ppl like that.

A creative of jay stature is way more influential than a businessman of diddy's toward cultural impact

We're talking massively consumed CONTENT vs BUSINESS VENTURES and ownership

Thing is jay got busines ventures and ownership like diddy....diddy never wrote. a bar of rap...and the ones he did read off someone else piece of paper he wasnt sayin shit with it

I would say Jay has had the most influence on people on more fronts, for example... Celebs and rappers to everyday people try to replicate his formula in: business, as an MC, his fashion style, his mannerisms/style and his personal life i.e dating/marrying a world star r&b bitch and hanging out with powerful people and world leaders from Warren Buffet to Obama etc

Back