Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Most Influential Person In This Picture?

Most Influential?

• Total voters
I don't think niggas know what the word influence means

Puff controlled the flow of hip hop since the shiny suit era

Puff that nigga

Yea these niggas talkin about everything but influence.

If you remove Puff from history, it would effect the game more than anybody else in that picture.

What has Puff controlled post 2000?

For the past 10/15 he's more known for 2 things: clothes and liqour
Bruh you can be serious

Revolt TV
Vote or Die
Diddy Run the city
All the musical acts he touched (pause)
His all white parties
Bad boy documentary
Reality Shows he's been apart of

The list goes on. Ain't never been a time in The last 10-15yrs where Puff ain't in the mix doing something where ppl haven't followed.

I think ppl letting they personal feelings for him cloud what they KNOW is his impact to the culture

Overall its most likely Puff. Hes been on TV involved in so much shit since like 97' I cant even remember it all. Rich and Famous people not apart of Hiphop Culture would know who he is and be at his parties. All his MTV shows that were hits. No one heard of Ciroc before him, then it was in ever rap video, now its a staple when we think Vodka.

Then I'd have to say its between Nas and Pharrell. After that prob Jay -Z & Khaled. I honestly dont know how you have Jay as #1 in terms of influence. His biggest influence is people drinking Ace. Everything else he mostly just jumped on a wave that was already happening. Cut it out with that he killed autotune shit, it was already starting to die down and autotune songs still came out and was getting play after he dropped that shit.

And for anyone wondering why i have Khaled and Jay together is because, think of how this fat weasel somehow influenced music since like 2005. He lowkey shifted the style.

Overall its most likely Puff. Hes been on TV involved in so much shit since like 97' I cant even remember it all. Rich and Famous people not apart of Hiphop Culture would know who he is and be at his parties. All his MTV shows that were hits. No one heard of Ciroc before him, then it was in ever rap video, now its a staple when we think Vodka.

Then I'd have to say its between Nas and Pharrell. After that prob Jay -Z & Khaled. I honestly dont know how you have Jay as #1 in terms of influence. His biggest influence is people drinking Ace. Everything else he mostly just jumped on a wave that was already happening. Cut it out with that he killed autotune shit, it was already starting to die down and autotune songs still came out and was getting play after he dropped that shit.

And for anyone wondering why i have Khaled and Jay together is because, think of how this fat weasel somehow influenced music since like 2005. He lowkey shifted the style.

Roca fella records? And the people under the roc did influence alot. Jay z created styles. I cant really put nas over jay z

Puff EASILY.

Get out your feelings real quick and look at the facts

Puff has MAJORLY influenced the culture of hip hop and pop culture in general since he was an A&R at Uptown with Andre Harrell.

Music
Fashion
Media

Puff drives and influences the culture in all tjise lanes

Puff is the greatest Hip Hop figure...no question about it.

But whats funny in all of this

Is if Suge would have put that bullshit he was on away...

He could be what Puff is now

Suge is the ultimate example of “When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong”

Roca fella records? And the people under the roc did influence alot. Jay z created styles. I cant really put nas over jay z
Rocafella had a wave for a while and their influence is they sold some records like other labels. They didnt mold the culture.

I was and probably still will make a puff appreciation thread and break down all the things Puff brought to the game musically. From 70s soul and 80s samples on rap songs and hooks to puff introducing rnb acts singing over boom bap /rap beats (whats the 411, jodeci, etc) to the fashion/ aesthetic of hiphop, etc.

I was and probably still will make a puff appreciation thread and break down all the things Puff brought to the game musically. From 70s soul and 80s samples on rap songs and hooks to puff introducing rnb acts singing over boom bap /rap beats (whats the 411, jodeci, etc) to the fashion/ aesthetic of hiphop, etc.

Man I didnt even wanna go into detail because my post woulda been too long

Sean Combs is the most influential figure in hip hop history point blank thats facts and not debateable.

Puff

has had a hand in just about everything and can make or break or your life

fuckin wit diddy you either get the keys to the game or end up looking for a new god

Bruh you can be serious

Revolt TV
Vote or Die
Diddy Run the city
All the musical acts he touched (pause)
His all white parties
Bad boy documentary
Reality Shows he's been apart of

The list goes on. Ain't never been a time in The last 10-15yrs where Puff ain't in the mix doing something where ppl haven't followed.

I think ppl letting they personal feelings for him cloud what they KNOW is his impact to the culture

You got a lott laughable shit up there fam

its jayz because he influenced shit on a ground level culturally as i mentioned before.. listing "accomplishments" is not the same shit.

What did Puff influence besides giving the blueprint to Birdman on how to beat your artist out of what they owed.

Getting your cash cow killed

Executive producers being all in the video's dancing.

The shiny suit era is the absolute worst era in hip hop other than what's going on now

its jayz because he influenced shit on a ground level culturally.
The 3 key words that sum it all up

Behind the scenes, maybe puff run circles around jay business or management wise....maybe.

But ground level, where everyone sees u n hears u...feels your impact most, puff isnt seeing jay whatsoever.

Doesnt take away from what either of them have done or contributed bc they are legends unquestionably.

So....tall not gunna name the stuff he influenced at ground level or nah? And dont you dare say some goofy shit like he inspired niggas to get fresh and get money.

defining shit to those who use shit out of context with regularity and so much certainty they think antonyms are synonyms

:hahaha:

Back