Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Most Influential Person In This Picture?

Most Influential?

• Total voters
Ima say Diddy.... dude can influence alot just offa the Revolt platform alone

Diddys involvement with Revolt makes him the clear winner to me here... think about all of the programming and views the programs that Revolt reaches... State of the Culture, Breakfast Club alone might have more reach in comparison to everyone else
pretty sure when they say "influential" they mean who had the biggest impact on culture, music, business etc. not "does anyone have their own tv station to influence how people think?"

Damn near all the moves Jay has done, Puff did first (clothes, liquor, etc)
Does it matter if Puff did it first, if Jay did it better?

Not saying he did. Rocawear and Sean John are both pretty much on par with each imo and liquor is liquor. I'm just asking, is it better to be the first to do it, or be the most successful at doing it?

Does it matter if Puff did it first, if Jay did it better?

Not saying he did. Rocawear and Sean John are both pretty much on par with each imo and liquor is liquor. I'm just asking, is it better to be the first to do it, or be the most successful at doing it?

If they both did the same thing at the same level, the edge goes to the person who influenced the other.

Puff>>>Jay

pretty sure when they say "influential" they mean who had the biggest impact on culture, music, business etc. not "does anyone have their own tv station to influence how people think?"

So having several media outlets(TV, Radio, Internet Streaming, Podcasts etc) has zero impact on the culture, on what music gets heard, on how people conduct their business based on the information they are seeing/hearing on these outlets?

So having several media outlets(TV, Radio, Internet Streaming, Podcasts etc) has zero impact on the culture, on what music gets heard, on how people conduct their business based on the information they are seeing/hearing on these outlets?
not in the same way an individual's music, art, etc. can. If the CEO of viacom was in the photo would you say he's the most influential because of all the stuff viacom owns? or would you go with the individual has had the most impact on people

not in the same way an individual's music, art, etc. can. If the CEO of viacom was in the photo would you say he's the most influential because of all the stuff viacom owns? or would you go with the individual has had the most impact on people

If we're talking about culture, music, business etc like you mentioned... then yeah I would have to consider their impact or potential impact

Jay..
Puff made mad moves, but he never had people's ears the way Jay did within the hip hop community. There was a time whatever hov deaded would end or start trends.

Pharell's the correct answer. Jay was influenced by others, he didn't really influence others to a great degree. Same for Beyonce. Nas may be #2. Puffy #3 though his whole style was dead by the early 00's. MJB #4, and then Beyonce #5, Hov #6

Pharell's the correct answer. Jay was influenced by others, he didn't really influence others to a great degree. Same for Beyonce. Nas may be #2. Puffy #3 though his whole style was dead by the early 00's. MJB #4, and then Beyonce #5, Hov #6
everyone was influenced by someone. even if it wasn't someone famous. nas could've started rapping cause he seen his cousin getting girls off of poetry, that's still an influence imo

Nas. No need to explain why musically....except the Nasir album.

Almost Everybody in that picture has been in one of his videos dancing while he spit, featured on a track, sampled his voice, or spoke of homie as their favorite MC. You cant say that about anybody else in that pic.Homie influenced the influencers.

Now homie reinvented himself on the business and investment side.

I say overall pharell...

It's not just hip hop and rnb.... Dude has had significant impact on mad generes of music.

Jay even said when he did the song change clothes pharell was his inspiration

Nas.

How many people in this picture besides Nas have 2 buttons on ABW named after them (Ether and GOAT)?

Who has the greatest hiphop album debut of all-time? Nas... Illmatic.

Beyonce had a Nas poster on her wall (watch that old Destiny Child's promo when there was 4 of them in the group when they were young).

Diddy hit Steve Stoute in the head with a champagne bottle over Nas. (because of the cruxification scene in the video "Hate Me Now")

DJ Khaled begged Nas to be on every project he did even though Khaled mainly messed with cats down south (and they made some bangers).

Hov saw his first TEC on Nas' dresser... LOL.

Back