Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Mos Def: Drake Is Pop, Not Hip Hop

test

The funniest shit about Skillz post is that part of the reason that Drake apparently gets some hate too is because despite the at times self deprication and perceived "softness" by all accounts the niggas he keeps around him will and have put hands on a few people. Especially Chicago niggas for some odd reason. And that's part of why he moves with the arrogance he does that pisses people off

Mans don't want the tag 'hiphop' associated with him or his music... He's literally done things to that effect; declining awards that categorise him under 'rap' etc, he also prefers 'singing' to rapping more or less of the time on his albums

But y'all want to put him under a label he don't want no part of...

Mans don't want the tag 'hiphop' associated with him or his music... He's literally done things to that effect; declining awards that categorise him under 'rap' etc, he also prefers 'singing' to rapping more or less of the time on his albums

It's literally the equivalent of some Dominicans saying "Mi No Se Papi, I am not Black" and Pan-African niggas putting up charts, maps and blood quantum levels to prove they are Black in a sense.

"You look just like my uncle, how are you not Black."

Lol, can't just accept the motherfucker don't consider themselves Black.

Crying and begging for them accept your group on your terms because it looks good for your group in the eyes of others.

Drake associates himself with Hip Hop the same way Miley Cyrus did lol. He uses Hip Hop the same way Post Malone does. It's part of the repertoire for the modern Pop artist.

Hip Hop is more than just rapping, the same way being Black is more than just having trace ancestry.

I'm not even a Drake fan but Mos is wrong on this one. Drake is hiphop he may not be the one two mic check hiphop but buddy is just as much as hiphop as Mos Def. Drake can rap and he's actually good when he's rapping that singing shit is all trash but he still can rap.

Ironically Mos Def sings as well

"I don't wanna be associated with hip hop music"

*Makes hip hop music*

🤷 Idc what drake said

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Vultur-ism...

No different to Post Malone, Justin Bieber and Justin Timberlake

White guys who like to flirt with black music and musicians... But

... You know the rest
Neither of those artists u mentioned are considered hip hop.

So it looks like this all comes down to whether u think drake is a culture vulture, not the actual music.

Back