Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fun fact for those who didnt know, but Quan Chi and Shinnok were originally going to make a cameo in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation back in the 90s. Similar to how Shao Khan appeared in the first one at the very end (in the sky). The character was even on some early promotional posters but for whatever reason the director cut the scene from the movie. The 3rd movie was supposed to feature them heavily though.

4pzali9a5jn11.jpg

Fun fact for those who didnt know, but Quan Chi and Shinnok were originally going to make a cameo in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation back in the 90s. Similar to how Shao Khan appeared in the first one at the very end (in the sky). The character was even on some early promotional posters but for whatever reason the director cut the scene from the movie. The 3rd movie was supposed to feature them heavily though.

4pzali9a5jn11.jpg

Shoulda just kept em in. Couldn't have made the movie any more boo boo than it already was.

Watching this current MK I felt Annihilation vibes everytime they switched scenes to Outworld. I finally gave in when the Reiko character appeared onscreen and accepted this movie as the trash it was.

Movie comes off like they brought in a MK nerd fan to help make it as close to the game as possible which caused a lack of good story

I haven't been here in a couple of w eeks but I already know whaf the general consensus is from posting in the thread on BGOL. I know a lot of y'all feel its garbage . I felt like it was a PG 13 flick with too many f-bombs for the sake of edginess. The plot was all over the place and some of the lines was cheesy with bad delivery (I'm looking at you jax). In this day and age there should be no excuses and they couldve learned from the mistakes of the og mortal kombat movies and other video game flicks. It started out strong in the beginning with the scorpion s subzero clan feud then after that the tone felt lioe a resident evil flick. It had gore but I wasnt feeling most of the fatalities except for one.. They couldve sold jax getting his arms torn off better than that. They have go come harder in fhe sequel.

I haven't been here in a couple of w eeks but I already know whaf the general consensus is from posting in the thread on BGOL. I know a lot of y'all feel its garbage . I felt like it was a PG 13 flick with too many f-bombs for the sake of edginess. The plot was all over the place and some of the lines was cheesy with bad delivery (I'm looking at you jax). In this day and age there should be no excuses and they couldve learned from the mistakes of the og mortal kombat movies and other video game flicks. It started out strong in the beginning with the scorpion s subzero clan feud then after that the tone felt lioe a resident evil flick. It had gore but I wasnt feeling most of the fatalities except for one.. They couldve sold jax getting his arms torn off better than that. They have go come harder in fhe sequel.
This movie was so shit that I didn't finish it.

They spent more time walking and talking instead of fighting.

The marks was stupid.

The idea that they get super powers was stupid.

All they had to do is have them trapped in the tournament already, trying to get back home.
Also they get a temporary dragon tattoo for kicking somebodies ass.

Oh shit they put Mortal Kombat Legacy on hbo max?!?! Im watching that shit as soon as i get home. I only saw one episode of that show, but it was the shit!

Theres such a huge opportunity for WB/HBO with this franchise. I would love it if characters could get a origin limited series on HBO or some shit that could explain the characters better. Then do feature films for the Cole/Tournament story they got going on. Theres just too many characters and too much story for them to squeeze it into a few 2 hour movies.

Back