Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Millennials Unluckiest Generation Ever?

The internet is every where now you hear more voices. The generation that grew up with the Internet.

I can only speak for the UK most previous generations were able to afford a house on a retail salary. Now you can't buy a house alone unless you earn 50k.

The average wage in London is 25k a year but to be able to live comfortable in London you need to earn 45k a year I would argue that's not enough.

The bank of mum and dad is the biggest loan providers to help millennials get housing.

Now if we look at the race affect most our parents were denied the opportunity to buy housing due to people refusing to offer jobs and no blacks no dogs no Irish. So most black parents in London are renting or on their first property so there no generation wealth to help. But they were able to rent a property alone or live alone if they found somewhere that's almost impossible for black millennials.

London has one the most expensive public transports systems in the world with a monthly travel pass costing £150. That's cheap depending on your zone

Please remember the average salary is 25k a year. And the gig economy means their jobs are not secure. And studip uni fees to land a job that doesn't pay great I think the way the economy works they should be whiny

Damn 25k a year is the average smfh. And with the cost of living that's ridiculous. I think the value of the pound is similar to the dollar right, haven't looked in a min though?

The people actually making changes are gen Xers and Boomers. Millienials are on twitter and social media. Your generation doesn't vote, doesn't invest, doesn't own, and half of you still living at home. In 2016 & 2018 you were no shows. in 2020 yall couldn't even get Bernie to match his 2016 success. We know Miliienials won't show up in the fall either so again it's up to other generations to actually make a change and not just tweet about it.

Not tryin to hate, but sick of milliienial nonsense

voter turnout for young americans have always been low

9769C286-0900-4102-99C2-E4057F159A18.jpeg

it’s not just millennial thing

i feel the financial collapse of 2008 is the main reason why millennials are apprehensive in investing. especially since the motherfuckers responsible were bailed out and even today are given the green light to make the same mistakes that caused the collapse in the first place

and as someone mentioned earlier, wages have not risen at the rate inflation has. our parents are even struggling to make ends meet so some of us have to give them money to help them stay afloat

a lot of millennials aren’t making enough dough to pay bills for two households so they’re staying home out of necessity and to
avoid both their parents and themselves living out on the fucking street

and i’m gonna ignore your critique about millennials not owning anything since one of the growing frustrations within our community is our people as a whole not owning shit

overall i find the "all millennials do is whine" argument funny, because from my perspective it seems like all the older generations do is whine about millennials

give it time and millennials will whine about generation Z

its just a cycle

Seems like every generation bitch about the one coming after them. I'm in my early thirties and fighting for a decent paying job since college. at my age my mom was able to raise three kids on her own albeit with a bit of assistance. Me and my wife ain't struggling but shit ain't gravy even without kids. I like how mofos want to be quick to shoot us down as if we didn't follow their instructions and still get fucked over.

How many cases of racism your tweets exposed? lol

These tweets don't mean a damn thing. There is no debate to be had because millennials don't do much other than whine. They don't vote, don't organize, and BLM takes in millions and has done what exactly? Yall think you're the only generation to face racism when it's FAR easier now than even 15-20 years ago.

What the fuck is up with this "We had it harder" mentality? Let's not make this a personal battle of who contributed more to the cause because last I check, we still fighting the battle your gen didn't finish. yall had MLK, Black Panthers, and Brother Malcom X and you still fell short of the finish line.

Now that I think about it. I'm starting to think Most of these Gen X folks bitching about Millenials must have done a shit job raising some. You can't be mad at a whole generation just because yo kids don't talk to you no mo. Better yet, if millennials are so damn whiny, who the fuck you think raised us that way?

Would rather this convo focus on what we can do better the current situation but apparently some niggas just want to be uppity.

Back