Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Millennials Unluckiest Generation Ever?

I've heard this argument before online and millennials and gen-x'er. I'll say we Have the power to change shit with all this information that out there it's no reason to hold these companies and politicians accountable.

We can easily shift this shit look how the protest went and that was lite compared to what we can really do

Real shit, objectively, this the best time to be alive. Especially in the US.

Not saying mfers dont go through problems and those problems are small.

Just saying, objectively, life expectancy is higher now than its ever. Education overall is the highest its been. Wealth distribution, as fucked up as it is, better than its ever been. Travel the easiest its been and more people traveling than ever before. Last 25 years been the most peaceful in hundreds of years. Not to mention how technology changed the world.

To me, this generation got it easier than the ones before it.

Just saying, objectively, life expectancy is higher now than its ever. Education overall is the highest its been. Wealth distribution, as fucked up as it is, better than its ever been. Travel the easiest its been and more people traveling than ever before. Last 25 years been the most peaceful in hundreds of years. Not to mention how technology changed the world.

Let's forget about the big picture and narrow this down a bit. How does any of these world wide benefits help those with degrees and student loans? How can we be expected to pay bills and clear debt when minimum wage hasn't kept up with the rest of the economy? Even if you buckle down, work a 9-5 and stay with a company 5 years, they still not promoting/ giving you the raise you deserve. Our so called education system is so predatory, anyone that got went to college around the time of the 08 recession still struggling to find jobs, let alone pay their student loans. There may be some folks thriving in this economy but its not the average joe.

I'm all for "the world is better now than yesterday" but on the small scale, my shit ain't looking that prosperous. I cant even get decent healthcare while working full time because the company I work for still pissed about Obamacare.

If you doing well in the midst of all this, then brotha, tell me yo secret cause apparently I don't have the answer.

It's just going to get worse for other generations. House prices, staggered wages terrible political decisions is just going to continue to trickle down.

Going forward everyone should learn more than 1 language and use the world to better their circumstances
Yea y'all get paid shit in the UK

I think we're the luckiest. We got to experience a lot. Kind of like the in-between.

Again I ask how, my guy? Spell it out for me. how am I supposed to look at our current situation and say "damn I'm lucky to be born now?"

Millennials are def the whiniest ever. Things are way better now than they've ever been(pre-covid).

Millenials aren't whiny so much as we have more public space to voice our discontent with shit i.e. Social media, versus any previous generation.

Again I ask how, my guy? Spell it out for me. how am I supposed to look at our current situation and say "damn I'm lucky to be born now?"

Millenials aren't whiny so much as we have more public space to voice our discontent with shit i.e. Social media, versus any previous generation.
I'm only speaking for people born in the 80s. People born in the 80s grew up likely listening to a huge range of different eras of music because of our parents and grandparents. They grew up when the internet wasn't as mainstream. We lived through the start of the digital age. As a kid we were going outside more playing around until the street lights came on. Gas was cheaper so families did travel a lot. There's a bunch of things we've experienced

I'm only speaking about the positive things though

I agreed with everything except wealth distribution

black people falling behind white people on an even greater scale as far as net worth

hell even CEO pay is even an extreme higher factor vs 30-40 years ago.........and that's especially important to focus on when the MW hasn't been raised like it should and firms keep trying to find ways to pay workers less

and to be honest, more people are "educated" but the value of a college degree has gone down significantly in comparison to the price you have to pay for one..........this student loan situation is eventually going to point where something drastic will have to change shit

Back