Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michigan Police Accused of Tasing Black Man While He Was Holding His 2-Month-Old Son...

https://www.wxyz.com/news/video-shows-a-father-being-tased-by-westland-police-as-he-holds-his-baby

Video shows a father being tased by Westland police as he holds his baby

A video that has gone viral on Facebook appears to show a Westland Police Officer tasing a man as he is holding his two-month-old baby.

The incident happened Friday night at a home on Alberta Court where neighbors were having a barbecue. Witnesses said police arrived because of a call about a fight.

“We were just barbecuing, and we saw the cops come up,” neighbor Kelvin Williams said. “They came up and asked us who was fighting. We were like, ‘You got the wrong house.’”

Williams said they didn’t understand what the officers were talking about.

“At that point, my friend Ray got a little agitated like you’re coming over to my house, my property and you're asking me about something I don’t know about,” Williams said.

According to witnesses, Ray Brown then began to argue with officers. Williams said that is when he decided to record video on his cell phone.

In the video, officers told Brown was going to be arrested. Then told someone holding the baby to get him out of there

“Get the baby out of here. Get the baby out of here,” a Westland officer said.

“That’s my child. He can be exactly where he’s at. Give me my child. Give me my child,” Brown said.

Officers then crowd into Brown with a taser out. Nichole Skidmore, Brown’s girlfriend, and mother to two-month-old Christopher come to try and take the baby.

It appears in the video that Brown was still holding on to the baby and in the midst of passing the baby on to Skidmore when he is tased.

“I had to catch the baby," Skidmore said. "I was in the street talking with the cops. I had to come over. The taser is on this side of him, and the baby is over here. As soon as they start tasing him the baby flew out of his hands and I had to grab him, or he would have fell.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...and-police-taser-man-holding-baby/1040331002/

Westland police probe use of stun gun on man holding baby

Facing criticism for using a Taser on a man holding his baby, Westland police said they were worried for the infant's safety and had limited options in removing the infant from the man's grasp.

Police Chief Jeff Jedrusik said officers wrote in a report that the man had been "aggressive" and gripping his 2-month-old son so tightly they worried he might hurt him.

The officers had arrived Friday at a backyard barbecue and reported that the man was intoxicated and uncooperative, said the chief.

When the man learned he would be arrested, he grabbed the baby and wouldn't release him, said Jedrusik. Officers told the man several times to return the baby to his mother, but the man refused to do so.

Jedrusik said the officers and baby's mother were so close to the boy that they were able to grab him after they incapacitated the man with the stun gun.

The baby wasn't hurt.

"It is important to remember that due to the man's noncompliance, our officers were faced with a difficult tactical decision," Jedrusik said during a news conference at police headquarters.

An Inkster man who took video of the incident criticized the police's handling of the incident. The video was posted on Facebook on Friday. (Warning: The video contains graphic content and offensive language)

"Someone needs to do something about this," Kelvin Williams said in the post showing the video. "I tried to grab the baby the cops push me out the way I’m so pissed right now."

Jedrusik said the only alternatives were for the officers getting into a "tug-of-war" over the baby or wrestling the man to the ground while he held the baby.

He said the charge from a stun gun doesn't transfer from the person being stunned to anyone in contact with the person.

The man, who wasn't identified by police, was charged with disturbing the peace, hindering a police investigation, damage to property, neglect of a minor child, disorderly person, resisting arrest and assault and battery on a police officer.

The man also had multiple outstanding warrants for his arrest, said the chief.

Jedrusik said police were called by the mother of the baby. She told police she was assaulted by the man and his girlfriend, who also damaged her vehicle, said the chief. The girlfriend hasn't been charged.

Police received another call that the man was walking on the street, yelling and threatening people, said Jedrusik.

Police are investigating the handling of the incident, Jedrusik said.

westland is the poor white trash of metro detroit

Westland, Taylor, Allen Park, Livonia, Garden City, Southgate, etc. All honkey-ville.

Edit - also Ferndale.. Can't forget about Ferndale. First time I ever heard the term Poor White Trash was in reference to white folks living in Ferndale.

Don't fuss, don't fight, and don't flee.

All you "I ain't a victim" negroes stay getting your skirts pulled up and made a victim. Had a brother die down here while the officers wrestled him off a tractor doing the same shit. All that rah-rah and he ended dying shamefully, struggling to death. Not even throwing a single punch after all that defiance. Just another hashtag and soon forgotten martyr.

Get it in your heads that we are victims. We are the weaker group, period. Prisoners of war as Neely Fuller puts it, prisoners trapped behind enemy lines. When in these situations with the stronger enemy you need to be smart. Do what it takes to keep yourself alive like a soldier behind enemy lines does so you can live to fight later. Or even do what the crime bosses in the movies do. Shut up and comply. It's not full proof, but you'll greatly increase your chances of seeing tomorrow when confronted with race soldiers.

lol @ that being the solution to this situation.

Naw, lol at you thinking it ain't.

Please tell me how all this emotional ranting in the police face is doing us any good?

You gotta know how to deal with them and be prepared to defend yourself if necessary. You can assert your rights without all the yellin and my niggas.

Please tell me how all this emotional ranting in the police face is doing us any good?

You gotta know how to deal with them and be prepared to defend yourself if necessary. You can assert your rights without all the yellin and my niggas.

I think he was more referring to the tooling up part like we have any chance of going to war with the cops and winning. I think most would agree that this yelling back and forth with the cops accomplishes nothing.

I get that niggas don't like being confronted by the cops over bullshit, but we have to be smarter. That father put the baby in harm's way. If he's over there having a confrontation with the cops and we know how that can go, why would he ask for the baby rather than getting the baby away from a volatile situation. That's just stupid.

I think he was more referring to the tooling up part like we have any chance of going to war with the cops and winning. I think most would agree that this yelling back and forth with the cops accomplishes nothing.

I get that niggas don't like being confronted by the cops over bullshit, but we have to be smarter. That father put the baby in harm's way. If he's over there having a confrontation with the cops and we know how that can go, why would he ask for the baby rather than getting the baby away from a volatile situation. That's just stupid.

I know he was referring to that and my reply still stands. The whole "we dont stand a chance" pov I just can't see. Thats not how our grandparents were so I dont understand how that mindsight is acceptable still in our community.

We dont have a logical choice other than to start legally arming ourselves against oppression. If they are willing to kill us regardless, whats to lose? But to me, as much as I hate to say it, a lot of black men have become coddled cowards. Niggas will shoot a another black man in front of his daughter but get scared at the thought of fighting the race soldiers. Thats a whole other thread that I already argued niggas over tho.

I know he was referring to that and my reply still stands. The whole "we dont stand a chance" pov I just can't see. Thats not how our grandparents were so I dont understand how that mindsight is acceptable still in our community.

We dont have a logical choice other than to start legally arming ourselves against oppression. If they are willing to kill us regardless, whats to lose? But to me, as much as I hate to say it, a lot of black men have become coddled cowards. Niggas will shoot a another black man in front of his daughter but get scared at the thought of fighting the race soldiers. Thats a whole other thread that I already argued niggas over tho.

Most of our grandparents didn't go to war with the cops, and the ones that did came out of it badly. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. No one's saying we should just shut up and take the abuse, and I don't even think being armed and prepared is a bad thing. But you're lying to yourself if you think blacks could go to war with the cops in that way and come out on top.

I'd agree with you about the "niggas killing niggas, but run from the cops." However, I believe killing is wrong either way. People should be better than that.

Most of our grandparents didn't go to war with the cops, and the ones that did came out of it badly. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. No one's saying we should just shut up and take the abuse, and I don't even think being armed and prepared is a bad thing. But you're lying to yourself if you think blacks could go to war with the cops in that way and come out on top.

I'd agree with you about the "niggas killing niggas, but run from the cops." However, I believe killing is wrong either way. People should be better than that.

Dog, Im not doing this shit again. You have your pov, I have mine. Doesnt make yours right, doesnt make mine foolish.

It’s tricky because when the constitution was written it wasn’t with black people in mind. And we’ve seen our so called constitutional rights get violated over and over. So all this means is that we have to move smarter to combat said oppression.

Tell me how a shootout with the police would have worked in that guy or the baby's favor.

Tell me how a shootout with the police would have worked in that guy or the baby's favor.

Who said shoot it out? I said defend yourself as necessary. Yeah all that emotional ass yelling did him a lot of good.

Im not talking about a wild west mentality. Im talking keeping your emotions in check, control the situation best as you can and if all logic and reason fail and your life is in danger be prepared to have a chance to fight back. No matter how small a chance it may be. Thats it. He could have defused that situation from jump.

It’s the police’s job to defuse the situation not the citizens job, but it goes to show how there are two different rules when dealing with black people.

It is.

But its also his job as a man and a father to not deliberately put his family in danger. He didnt help the situation at all. From what I saw in the video, he was the one doing all the yelling and shit.

Im a hot head myself, but experience and wisdom have taught me that I need to take control over situations that involve my safety and poppin off leaves me little ability to critically think.

It is.

But its also his job as a man and a father to not deliberately put his family in danger. He didnt help the situation at all. From what I saw in the video, he was the one doing all the yelling and shit.

Im a hot head myself, but experience and wisdom have taught me that I need to take control over situations that involve my safety and poppin off leaves me little ability to critically think.
In these situations I can’t side with the ops, period. If he’s yelling then it’s the ops job to defuse the situation not escalate it.

In these situations I can’t side with the ops, period. If he’s yelling then it’s the ops job to defuse the situation not escalate it.

Not siding with them at all. Just stating he didnt do his job either. Again, its about taking control of the situation. Somebody has to. It will either be the idiot(s) or the wise one. In this case, idiocy prevailed.

Not siding with them at all. Just stating he didnt do his job either. Again, its about taking control of the situation. Somebody has to. It will either be the idiot(s) or the wise one. In this case, idiocy prevailed.
In this situation when a citizen is acting belligerent it’s the police’s job to deescalate the situation. I’m putting the police on trial here. Ain’t no 50/50 both sides blame shit.

Back