Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michelle Obama Is Mad at Black Voters, Not Trump Voters: ‘That’s My Trauma’

That’s not really a controversial take

But we tend to vote for candidates we like rather than against candidates we hate

But she is not lying the black vote was 12% less in 2016 than in 2012

Yea that’s what I figured, she was saying if we had showed up for Hillary the way we did for Barack, she would have beaten Trump.

But I think she’s oversimplifying it. A lot of niggas had good reason to dislike and distrust Hillary. And Obama was a uniquely loved figure in the community, so it’s unwise to take that level of turnout for granted.

Of course in hindsight niggas should have just voted AGAINST Trump, but not a lot of people are wired that way.

And not one word about how 50% of all white women voted for Trump.

Oh, I forgot......she basically said she gave a pass to all the women and Trump supporters.

But has no problem blaming her own people...............WHO ARE BARELY 10% OF THE POPULATION.

View attachment 276320

c46.gif

10% of 330M= 33M

There's ~40M of us in the US. That's not "barely 10% of the population", that's a hair more than 12%.

Yea that’s what I figured, she was saying if we had showed up for Hillary the way we did for Barack, she would have beaten Trump.

But I think she’s oversimplifying it. A lot of niggas had good reason to dislike and distrust Hillary. And Obama was a uniquely loved figure in the community, so it’s unwise to take that level of turnout for granted.

Of course in hindsight niggas should have just voted AGAINST Trump, but not a lot of people are wired that way.

Exactly.

Basically, she's saying that black people should blindly vote for whatever democratic candidate is put in front of us.

Problem is, it doesn't always work like that.

If you're not voting against or choosing not to vote at all, you're involuntarily voting for Trump.

I get her frustration, don't think black people realize how detrimental 4 more years of a Trump presidency will hurt black people considering all the civil rights bills Trump has already rolled back or rescinded. Kinda sad tbh especially when you see how badly NY has has been hit by COVID-19 and how the president handled it.

If that's the case, then this is the worst time for Joe Biden to be politically correct and pick a woman.

Anyone other than Bernie Sanders as his running mate, and the democrats will make the same mistake they did back in 2016.

A Clinton/Sanders ticket would've easily beaten Trump.

Not even a Bernie fan, but the best way to make sure that all of Bernie's supporters vote for Biden is to put him on the ticket.

Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris would be horrible picks.

I like Stacey Abrams, but picking her does nothing to lock down Sanders' supporters.

If you're not voting against or choosing not to vote at all, you're involuntarily voting for Trump.

I get her frustration, don't think black people realize how detrimental 4 more years of a Trump presidency will hurt black people considering all the civil rights bills Trump has already rolled back or rescinded. Kinda sad tbh especially when you see how badly NY has has been hit by COVID-19 and how the president handled it.

You and people who think like this need stop repeating that dumb ass bold face lie. Shit don't even make the slightest bit of sense

this is just intellectual laziness and you have been going extra hard for a decaying party for months. its hilarious but somewhat embarrassing to watch. folks like you hate that more and more ppl arent subscribing to this two party illusion and i just dont understand ....why???

in my lifetime, 2 presidential candidates who won the popular vote did not win the election.

you could have used that energy to push a movement to abolish the electoral college, which was supposed to be temporary anyway

could have used that energy to address the rampant gerrymandering, voter ID laws, states claiming voter fraud to kick voters off rosters, and purposefully closing down voting centers and creating long lines

could have used that energy to address making election day a national holiday so everyone can find the time to vote

could have used that energy to push for people with felonies on their records (a significant voting bloc btw) to be able to vote in all states so more people could have the basic right to vote

could have used that energy to further the push into the russian collusion investigation early on and demand impeachment and removal of the whole cabinet because of tne diminished faith in the voting process

but no youre in a thread punching down at Black folks for refusing to choose a warmonger over a fascist. it makes no sense.

none of the candidates were good and there are 0 heroes in the heart of empire. “trump is bad for Black folks” and what? kill hill would have been our grand savior???

honestly, trump isnt my enemy. its the party that claims to have my best interest in mind, while simultaneously never bringing about material change decade after decade.

niggas by and large shouldnt have voted at all. like lambs to the slaughter, yall keep voting year after year and what difference has it made? better start looking into alternatives

If that's the case, then this is the worst time for Joe Biden to be politically correct and pick a woman.

Anyone other than Bernie Sanders as his running mate, and the democrats will make the same mistake they did back in 2016.

A Clinton/Sanders ticket would've easily beaten Trump.

Not even a Bernie fan, but the best way to make sure that all of Bernie's supporters vote for Biden is to put him on the ticket.

Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris would be horrible picks.

I like Stacey Abrams, but picking her does nothing to lock down Sanders' supporters.

the democrats have 0 desire to beat trump.

everyone needs to wake tf up

they purposely brought in bloomberg to sway the vote and from the looks of things, Biden is no different than trump.

rapist and all

Back