Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michael B Jordan accused of cultural appropriation

The dick rider effect

Nah. You gotta remember even in the early 2000s channels like HBO doing self produced TV shows was still a new thing. It wasn't like now where major cable networks all have shows. HBO, Showtime etc weren't really doing it on the regular basis they are now so alot of people weren't aware of it. The love for The Wire grew organically from it being so highly reviewed

Look it comes down to this Africans and West Indies people are literally like our cousins we don’t got to like each other but we don’t need to steal each other shit to make money. This ain’t rap or singing or reggae. Where you can have musinc with various origins and influence. Let a Jamaican get a liquor and call it Juneteenth

In the opening post, they say he said that word has no meaning in any language.

Seems to me he didn't do his research. He should do better than in the future, but he apologized and he's going to change the name. It should be finished.

Reactions: GNS
In the opening post, they say he said that word has no meaning in any language.

Seems to me he didn't do his research. He should do better than in the future, but he apologized and he's going to change the name. It should be finished.

My first guess is that MBJ said he wants to get into spirits.
Gets presented with a rum brand and rolls with it, maybe not being much of connoisseur.

In that industry, and others, not every bottle with a cultural theme is even owned by people of the presented culture.
Not saying that's right, not saying it has to be, nor is it illegal, but here we are.

He'd have gotten away with it if it was the late 90s/mid 2000s when this was the last thing on people's mind. As an islander, when I first heard the story I shrugged like ok whatever. He fucked up when he lied saying jouvert wasn't a word prior to him using it though. Otherwise I didn't give a damn.

Reactions: GNS
He'd have gotten away with it if it was the late 90s/mid 2000s when this was the last thing on people's mind. As an islander, when I first heard the story I shrugged like ok whatever. He fucked up when he lied saying jouvert wasn't a word prior to him using it though. Otherwise I didn't give a damn.
I didn’t see that he said that.

Thats foul

That’s the last word someone would come up with randomly

Back