Michael B Jordan accused of cultural appropriation

I don't have a dog in this fight but to play devils advocate.

Wouldn't MBJ naming his rum J'ouvert(sp) bring more awareness to the Trini culture and country? I personally din't think he was trying to malice with naming of the rum should he consulted with more people maybe so I just don't think he set out to hurt the feelings of an entire country and it's culture.

BUT I am not Trini nor Caribbean so my opinion on the matter is limited at best

Reactions: Dwayne
Smdh

bougie?
Opportunist?

when you step back..... and see this for what it is.....this is sad.
Black people can’t win.
We have white people attacking us
We have other cultures attacking
We have our own attacking us.
But some how white people should grow a heart and make things right for us because they just should.

• Wack
Reactions: Race Jones
You niggas so caught up with trying to figure out who the fuck I am, address the message.

When shit gets tight, that's when deflections come about.

Don't worry about who I am, worry about what's being posted/said.

Nah fuck that fake bitch your message is Kevin Samuels shit

It's nuff Caribbean shit that's owned by crackas. I got a good contract for Wray and Nephews marketin' team once and it was all middle class cacs. Oxford white people marketin' to us.

Jordan is black at least.

He can turn this into an opportunity if he involves some Trini influencers, tho he shudda done that first.

Jordan tryna claim this word is, obviously, different to Minaj usin' Kim's pose

That’s my thing niggas made it seem like black people only care when other black folks steal our shit. Be the same niggas who think we get outraged over everything and nothing is a big deal. Stupid all the way

Reactions: GNS
I don't have a dog in this fight but to play devils advocate.

Wouldn't MBJ naming his rum J'ouvert(sp) bring more awareness to the Trini culture and country? I personally din't think he was trying to malice with naming of the rum should he consulted with more people maybe so I just don't think he set out to hurt the feelings of an entire country and it's culture.

BUT I am not Trini nor Caribbean so my opinion on the matter is limited at best

I don’t think anybody feels he was trying to really hurt feelings. He just ain’t know.

Reactions: GNS and figo
Smdh

bougie?
Opportunist?

when you step back..... and see this for what it is.....this is sad.
Black people can’t win.
We have white people attacking us
We have other cultures attacking
We have our own attacking us.
But some how white people should grow a heart and make things right for us because they just should.

Bruh why are you offended that people don’t want people making money off their shit. If some foreigner took something from Philly and made money off it and did not include folks from Ohilly or even worse white washed the shit. Nobody would say Philly miggas overreacting. You really think nobody should have an issue with anything as long as it makes money?

Bruh why are you offended that people don’t want people making money off their shit. If some foreigner took something from Philly and made money off it and did not include folks from Ohilly or even worse white washed the shit. Nobody would say Philly miggas overreacting. You really think nobody should have an issue with anything as long as it makes money?
Stay in your bubble lil nigga

cuz it happens all ready.

it’s been a while. But didn’t it end with the police raid while they was high af? And people mad the one dude got a job and put that over his gang?
The corner deserves its own thread !!
I couldn’t get into it back in the day cause I never really gave a fuck about dope fiends or their everyday struggles, but I watched it the other day and it was actually decent. I googled some of the characters and found out that most them died from drug overdose or got killed..

Reactions: GNS