Welcome To aBlackWeb

TECH Meta dropping new Twitter competitor Threads (an Instagram app)

Lol Meta is not launching it in Europe because the EU has stricter privacy laws.

Unless Meta addresses this, it probably won't launch, and that would be a nail in its coffin.

Another reason brexit is awful lmao
Ahhh i see.

For those wanted to read more on what Blue said:

Lol Meta is not launching it in Europe because the EU has stricter privacy laws.

Unless Meta addresses this, it probably won't launch, and that would be a nail in its coffin.

Another reason brexit is awful lmao
From what I've seen it's just Instagram without the photos. The EU isn't missing out on anything here and has every right to be cautious of Meta and their previous track record with privacy (and everything else). The UK keeps taking L's with Brexit out here.

The fact that you have to have an IG to get Threads has lost me. Never felt the need to get an IG account & never will.

Twitter had a good run but nobody is trying tweet with incel right wing weirdos with Roman or Greek statues as their Avatar lol or that stupid Giga Chad bullshit 😭😭😭😭

I was thinking that about ALL social media.
Definitely obviously Facebook is the most influential in terms of audience but then how much influence does it have when it's broken down by age?

Twitter influence was always overstated because it was the quickest method to an opinion.

Back