• Yes

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
I can was one of his worst songs:niggawhat:
To me yes.I always hated the hook.Thought it was simple and wack and rhythmically odd.

I like the Slick Rick styled verses and beat,but that hook was always weak to me and not a good single.

Just my opinion.

Once I realized how versuz worked, it properly set my expectations.

Bleek is right based on the format of how this works.

Nas has a great catalog but I agree he doesn't have 20 songs to compete against in a versuz matchup.

This thread really shouldn't go past 2 pages if we're being honest
Niggas said the same shit about fab vs jada and thought jada would lose....you see how that ended lol

Had this debate with a super Jay fan the other day. Nas can definitely beat Jay in a verzuz.

How Sway?

I'm a Nas fan, but I gotta admit Jay has bigger records meaning; more popular hits.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Nas is better at rapping, Jay Z is better at making hits.

Personally I like Nas slightly more than Jay because he touches on woke Hotep stuff that Jay doesn't rap about, but if I was DJing a party and the dance floor was packed I'm playing 10 Jay songs in a row.

How Sway?

I'm a Nas fan, but I gotta admit Jay has bigger records meaning; more popular hits.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Nas is better at rapping, Jay Z is better at making hits.

Personally I like Nas slightly more than Jay because he touches on woke Hotep stuff that Jay doesn't rap about, but if I was DJing a party and the dance floor was packed I'm playing 10 Jay
songs in a row.

That whole "having more hits" bullshit don't even matter. It's about the right records at the right time & your opinion on the records picked at that time. For example, whatever Jay biggest hit record is, if it went up against The World Is Yours, idk about you but I'm picking The World Is Yours.

We seen Jada be a part of two verzuz where his opponents had "more hits & popular records" and that ain't mean shit when them hits were played.

That whole "having more hits" bullshit don't even matter. It's about the right records at the right time & your opinion on the records picked at that time. For example, whatever Jay biggest hit record is, if it went up against The World Is Yours, idk about you but I'm picking The World Is Yours.

We seen Jada be a part of two verzuz where his opponents had "more hits & popular records" and that ain't mean shit when them hits were played.

Nah Jay is good at making radio hits and club bangers, Nas isn't. That's not to say that Jay is better than Nas, but they're good at two different things.

I think the Versus format would favor Jay.

But diss records, Nas wins. Nas has more intricate lyrics that you might not catch on the first listen. But that doesn't win in a versus. You need hits. And Jay has 20X more hits than Nas.

Last edited:
Pop/club records dont mean much in this shyt and mean even less to an audience of eastcoasters at a venue. People was saying Teddy Riley would beat Babyface because of the uptempo New Jack swing shyt but some had it closer that what they expected and some had babyface winning. Cats thought Dipsets hits would take out the lox but shyt like Fuck You, Niggas Done Started Something, Banned From TV and that freestyle to who shot ya played big roles in the Lox washing them cats

Back